"One of those days".....

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

I understand that's what today is being put down as, a freak day where decisions go against you teams get lucky.

BUT,

Should we really accept this in the modern game ? Where camera's are all over the stadium and £30m being given to the 20 teams playing in the Premier League. We had some key decisions that really were not in debate, these were not difficult decisions in a crowd of players that take 5-6 different angles to conclude.

A what sounds to me like a shocker tackle from Cattermole that saw him only yellow carded, now even if the Referee claims exuberance of youth I could not accept it, as Cattermole is an established player and this tackle will chop more time off the career of a player who is already well into his 30's.

We concede a penalty and subsequent red-card for a foul that began well outside the box, assuming that decision is made correct it is 1-1 .

I just find in a game that revolves around such huge amounts of money and leagues that can hinge on points, why should we accept such shocking officiating, but because this s not a top four team, it is the two mid table sides no examination will be made. I know that this sounds like moaning due ot the fact we suffered, but it takes your own team suffering to full understand, as we will now start against the league leaders, with two defenders missing and Wigan not suffering 1 iota.

Not seen anything whatsoever of the game so I'm in no position to judge, but from what I heard on the radio Wigan were the better side and deserved the win regardless of any luck or bad decisions from the officials.

So no, doesn't sound like "one of those days". All sides get decisions against them (even Chelsea and Man Utd), we just as much as anyone will have to put up with it. I've seen Wigan be unlucky at times this season, and they say it evens itself out over time, so I won't be looking for excuses (if what I've heard about our performance and theirs is correct).

Wasn't one of those days at all, really. We deserved nothing from the game.

But we were away on Boxing Day at a ground where we've lost every single game. It's frustrating and it's a bit precarious all of a sudden, again (2 points off the relegation zone :lol: ), but it's just a weird season. I'm coming to accept that we're gonna get these shit results, invariably, with a couple of wins in there aswell. There's some difficult games around the corner, but some winnable games aswell. Just need the season to end, really. :rolleyes:

Wigan deserved to win, but it could all have gone so differently. Heskey clearly dived (although was fouled outside the area) and I reckon that could have been a penalty with the last touch. Crazy game really.

exactly, today was one of those days, but this doesn't mean that Nicky Butt, Damien Duff and Mark Viduka shouldn't shove their 60k deep in their fat asses and f*** off as far away from Newcastle as possible..

I'd rather watch Carrol or even Shola upfront and Cacapa as a DM till the end of the season than have those overpaid wankers taking the piss week-in week-out, cause they're sooo unbelievably experienced and professional in training

Guest firetotheworks

Since when has a team being deserving of something ever been the most important factor in a game? So fuck if Wigan deserved to win, the referee was disgusting today and it should be brought into the spot light.

Guest firetotheworks

Its "One of these days" being played at "one of those stadiums" with "one of those players" on the other team and "one complete s*** c***" refereeing. Freak day tbh.

Well put. I just hope this defeat doesnt go to the players hearts and they realise it was a freak game too.

With Martins out, we're not the same team. It all basically comes down to how the midfield perform without Oba in the side. And today it was all graft and no quality with the exception of Guthrie who had a few moments.

Owen and Viduka man  :lol:

Its "One of these days" being played at "one of those stadiums" with "one of those players" on the other team and "one complete s*** c***" refereeing. Freak day tbh.

Well put. I just hope this defeat doesnt go to the players hearts and they realise it was a freak game too.

Strange as it feels to say it, I trust JFK totally with that. The us vs them mentality helps as well.