Referees

Dinho lad

Deserve every stick they get.  Every bloody week they make a horrendous decision.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I heard that they get up to 60k a year….fooking daylight robbery I tell ya! :angry:

Was thinking this morning that we were bound to be hit by a poor decision today…....you know karma for the Boyce sending off at SJP.

Cunts, the lot of them.

Utterly embarrassing thread.

Yes they make mistakes, and sometimes they deserve the blame, but they and their assistants have to make split-second decisions in high pressure, fast games without the aid of replays. And then they get abuse from everyone, from managers who should know better to people on forums like this. £60k a year is less than some players make in a year, and some of them certainly don't deserve it in comparison.

Yes they make mistakes, and sometimes they deserve the blame, but they and their assistants have to make split-second decisions in high pressure, fast games without the aid of replays.

That bassong sending off wasn't a split second decision.

Go and see the incident before commenting, you little prick.

Yes they make mistakes, and sometimes they deserve the blame, but they and their assistants have to make split-second decisions in high pressure, fast games without the aid of replays.

That bassong decision wasn't a split second one.

So they have to make decisions within seconds, same thing. He made mistakes that cost us, these things happen. They're only cunts when these things go against us aren't they?

Thing is the problem with refereeing right now isn't just limited to the Premiership. It's global. The game is just getting too fast-paced for refs to make accurate decisions consistently.

I think they just have to say enough is enough at some point and allow video reviews for ruling goals offside and penalty calls. Needs to happen.

It was decision after decision today though, not just one or two.

What's your point?

He put in a reasonably poor performance. It happens. From what I've heard we put in the same amount of quality and didn't deserve the win.

So they have to make decisions within seconds, same thing. He made a mistake that cost us, these things happen.

The ref was utterly poor today. Shocking.

He made more than one bad mistake.

It's embarrassing that you're commenting on this even though you haven't seen it!

I think they just have to say enough is enough at some point and allow video reviews for ruling goals offside and penalty calls. Needs to happen.

Yeah, totally agree with that.

But nah, shouting stuff at them at the ground and being a keyboard warrior, that'll learn them.

Guest optimistic nit

So they have to make decisions within seconds, same thing. He made mistakes that cost us, these things happen. They're only cunts when these things go against us aren't they?

surely if we apply that logic to reffs we should employ the same logic with regards to players though?

yes, its a difficult job, but if you have a shocker or are shite then you should expect to recieve stick, its no different to any other proffession, and the consistancy and importance of dean's shocking decisions today was a disgrace.

Thing is the problem with refereeing right now isn't just limited to the Premiership. It's global. The game is just getting too fast-paced for refs to make accurate decisions consistently.

it's not the pace,it's that now there are cameras at every game. not so long ago if a ref made a s*** decision it was confined to those that were at THAT match,now everyone sees it,and the chance to watch it from many differeing angles in slo-mo.

So they have to make decisions within seconds, same thing. He made a mistake that cost us, these things happen.

It's embarrassing that you're commenting on this even though you haven't seen it!

Your first post is focusing on a particular decision, not the whole match. If he was poor for the whole match my point still stands, this is a pointless thread.

Guest optimistic nit

But nah, shouting stuff at them at the ground and being a keyboard warrior, that'll learn them.

i cant see how a video would have helped today though. the problem wasn't that mike dean didn't see it clearly, and if he didn't his assistant was about 10 yards away ffs. the problem was that mike dean didn't apply the rules of the game correctly.

it wasn't a pen, the initial foul was outside the box (a foul that bassong stopped for for chirsts sake) and it wasn't a red. it was weaker than terry's red imo and he got that recinded.

Guest optimistic nit

We were shite today,however the ref was fucking shocking..

Total disgrace to be honest,got it horribly wrong with bassong and horribly wrong booking carrol for diving..

we were shit today like. we didn't deserve anything.

surely if we apply that logic to reffs we should employ the same logic with regards to players though?

yes, its a difficult job, but if you have a shocker or are shite then you should expect to recieve stick, its no different to any other proffession, and the consistancy and importance of dean's shocking decisions today was a disgrace.

It's not the same for everyone, really. I'm adverse to giving stick to our players as I want to support them as much as I can (until emotions get the better of me usually). Refs have a very tough job and I think some of the abuse they get is over the top, regardless of whether they're having a bad day on the job or not. Yes they're going to get some stick, that's part of the game and if they can't handle it then they probably wouldn't want to stick around in such a volatile, high pressure form of employment.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes they make mistakes, and sometimes they deserve the blame, but they and their assistants have to make split-second decisions in high pressure, fast games without the aid of replays. And then they get abuse from everyone, from managers who should know better to people on forums like this. £60k a year is less than some players make in a year, and some of them certainly don't deserve it in comparison.

Didnt you say you havent seen the match yet?

We were s**** today,however the ref was f***ing shocking..

Total disgrace to be honest,got it horribly wrong with bassong and horribly wrong booking carrol for diving..

we were s*** today like. we didn't deserve anything.

We deserved two penalties,and it wouldnt be the first time a teams played shite and got something out of the match.

Your first post is focusing on a particular decision, not the whole match. If he was poor for the whole match my point still stands, this is a pointless thread.

Eh? What a load of shite.  Ok then tell me, which particular decision was I on about?

The quote "Every bloody week they make a horrendous decision. " states that I'm crticising them for a number of really poor decisions that happen far too often.

BTW, he was bloody poor for the whole match! :rolleyes: You didn't see the match FFS...stop embarrassing yourself further. :lol:

i cant see how a video would have helped today though. the problem wasn't that mike dean didn't see it clearly, and if he didn't his assistant was about 10 yards away ffs. the problem was that mike dean didn't apply the rules of the game correctly.

it wasn't a pen, the initial foul was outside the box (a foul that bassong stopped for for chirsts sake) and it wasn't a red. it was weaker than terry's red imo and he got that recinded.

Dean was just brain-dead, the Almighty himself could not have helped him with the penalty decision today.

Then again, with the benefit of a replay, maybe he would have noticed that the forward player was offside to begin with. Maybe he wouldn't have given the dodgy free kick that lead to the goal. Maybe he would have given Cattermole the red that he deserved. Maybe he would have given Carroll a second penalty.

We'll never know, because he had to rely on his eyes, which apparently aren't worth s***.

Fair enough, I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm saying these things happen whether it's because of a simple human mistake or just down to a poor quality of performance.

Didnt you say you havent seen the match yet?

:lol:

Once again, I'm just saying the stick they get from some places is (in my opinion) a little over the top. And I'm not applying that to just this match.