Only person who thinks the ref did well on the pen?

Slim

If it had been a foul rather than a dive in the area I might have agreed. But you're wrong.

Then give the foul against for a dive.  The Newcastle players we moaning about the foul not been given back outside the area....

Are you on another fuckin planet?

Yes, play the advantage. But you still pull the play back to where the foul was. So a free kick 30 yards from goal and a booking would have been the correct decision.

No you play the advantage, then if they are fouled again give the foul...whats the point of the advantage if the only way you can get that advantage is by scoring?

Yes, play the advantage. But you still pull the play back to where the foul was. So a free kick 30 yards from goal and a booking would have been the correct decision.

No you play the advantage, then if they are fouled again give the foul...whats the point of the advantage if the only way you can get that advantage is by scoring?

Because it's the law of the game. The original foul is that which counts. Fair enough to Dean, it was probably a red card, but should have been pulled back for a free kick, as it wasn't advantage.

Heskey was offside

The only foul that occured was outside the box

Also seem to remember there was a player covering (though I'll have to check replays)

But yeah other then those glaring mistakes it was a great decision :rolleyes:

Because it's the law of the game. The original foul is that which counts. Fair enough to Dean, it was probably a red card, but should have been pulled back for a free kick, as it wasn't advantage.

Not actually true Jonny, if the advantage gets played and there's another foul in the box you give a penalty.  I haven't seen this one yet though.

Guest firetotheworks

Not actually true Jonny, if the advantage gets played and there's another foul in the box you give a penalty.  I haven't seen this one yet though.

It wasnt like it was a clip of the heels - advantage - foul - penalty, it was one long hustle and bustle between 2 players in which one went down only when he was in the area.

It wasnt like it was a clip of the heels - advantage - foul - penalty, it was one long hustle and bustle between 2 players in which one went down only when he was in the area.

Aye, you're right actually. It could have been construed as one long foul, meaning it was a free kick.

Bassongs challenge was stupid, but it was offside, then freekick. Never a penalty and a red card. Harsh with red no matter what.

Then Carrols. Why wasnt kirkland given a red? i think it would have been harsh, but Bassongs was never a red either. Bullshit ref.

Guest neesy111

Bassongs challenge was stupid, but it was offside, then freekick. Never a penalty and a red card. Harsh with red no matter what.

Then Carrols. Why wasnt kirkland given a red? i think it would have been harsh, but Bassongs was never a red either. Bullshit ref.

no fucking consistency

Aye, you're right actually. It could have been construed as one long foul, meaning it was a free kick.

Again, not quite true, if it's a continuous foul into the box, you still give the penalty.  It's in the laws somewhere.

Still haven't seen this one to comment but by the sound of it he's waited til he's got into the box then thrown himself over in hope.

Again, not quite true, if it's a continuous foul into the box, you still give the penalty.  It's in the laws somewhere.

Still haven't seen this one to comment but by the sound of it he's waited til he's got into the box then thrown himself over in hope.

That is exactly what's happened. Was offside to begin with

as i see it, bassong & heskey were simply hand-fighting throughout the long 20 odd yards from the original contact where (heskey was offsides btw) the linesman waves his flag.  i'm not sure how much advantage there actually was.  the only way heskey was going to score was from a poor decision from a wanking referee.  the spirit of the rules was violated, in my opinion!  :angry:

He was offside for a start and if no advantage is gained after the original foul then play should get taken back to the original foul - if it was a foul originally then its purely a continuation of the same foul, not 2 seperate incidents.

Very very bad refereeing.