West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The usual Sunday rumours of a return for the prodigal son.

I'd love to see him back here, but I think we'll only go for him if Pardew is our manager next season, which tempers my enthusiasm somewhat.

No fuck it, I'd sacrifice Carroll if it means no Pardew next year.

In answer to the poll question; given how certain I am that Pardew's staying - we really could use a player like Carroll to try and salvage something from the God awful style of football that we play.

If Pardew stays, worse is better (to a point). Would rather we start the season poorly enough for him to get sacked by Christmas, with him continuing to struggle to get the best out of our technical players, than settle for a few 13th place seasons in which Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc have departed and Jay Spearing and Andy Carroll are in the side.

Guest teapot

Cisse isn't good enough. Carroll is the best and shouldn't have been sold

He might be a Geordie boy but I don't think he'll want to take a huge pay cut from his 90k a week at Liverpool.

Your point is what ?

Guest teapot

I don't get it. Are jumpers a fascist nowadays? I'm confused.

Yeah people on trampolines are all nazis. Didnt you know?

I thought only students wore jumpers

Why isn't Cisse good enough? and what has Carroll done to prove he's better apart from the fact he's a local?

Cisse scored more PL goals in 12 games when he arrived than Carroll did fullstop and he's outscored him this season despite Pardew's idiocy.

Guest antz1uk

rb ch ch lb

hba  sissoko cabaye marveux

cisse carrol

could be fantastic imo with anita & tiote rotating the midfield spots depending on injuries/subs/opposition away, cisse picking up scraps from carroll knock downs or cabaye through balls or carroll sticking chances away from hba/marveoux crosses higher or low into the box with sissoko sitting a little deeper and making surging runs when required much like yaya but obviously not as good. it's got the flexibility of a 442 ish which is how (unfortunately) pardew wants to play it (again i don't want him here but its lookngi like we may be stuck with him so play to the strengths or we could narrow that by having carroll/ cisse from the bench with the 2 fb's bombing forward with anita/tiote tightening the midfield a little when needed such as

tiote/anita sissoko

cabaye

hba/marv

carroll/cisse

anita & tiote rotating the midfield spots depending on injuries/subs/opposition away

There-in lies the problem. No matter who we play and where, we will see the same line-up/tactics/mind-set, assuming "they're" fit.

Guest antz1uk

i know, im just trying to put a positive spin on it if carroll was coming. the season has been a shambles but i think with carroll added into the mix of his crap tactics i think it would work, we don't know what players will be coming and going but looknig at what we have currently and adding carroll i think it could actually work up front at least with a decent striker that hopefully could add another dynamic to the attacking side. mind no way do i think hes worth anything over 10 million either

i know, im just trying to put a positive spin on it if carroll was coming. the season has been a shambles but i think with carroll added into the mix of his crap tactics i think it would work, we don't know what players will be coming and going but looknig at what we have currently and adding carroll i think it could actually work up front at least with a decent striker that hopefully could add another dynamic to the attacking side. mind no way do i think hes worth anything over 10 million either

Think of him simply being an upgrade on Shola. At the right price, he would be a fantastic addition.

Think of him simply being an upgrade on Shola. At the right price, he would be a fantastic addition.

...and those who bemoan our lack of goals from corners/free kicks (i.e. all of us) wouldn't have to wait too long to see us scoring from them again.

I'd agree if I believed for a second he'd be used as a plan b.  But I've got little doubt he'd be the main man with Pardew, since he has no interest in the team actually playing Football.

He might be a Geordie boy but I don't think he'll want to take a huge pay cut from his 90k a week at Liverpool.

Your point is what ?

Probably that Carroll might be a Geordie boy but TRon doesn't think he'll want to take a huge pay cut from his 90k a week at Liverpool.

Your point is what ?

Probably that Carroll might be a Geordie boy but TRon doesn't think he'll want to take a huge pay cut from his 90k a week at Liverpool.

I feel TRon's post could have been clearer to be fair to teapot.

Your point is what ?

I feel TRon's post could have been clearer to be fair to teapot.

What's your point?

Guest teapot

Your point is what ?

I can read thank you. Are you Tron ? How does he know ? It West Ham can pay the money why can't Newcastle ?