Jump to content

Gaza & Israel [potentially NSFW]


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

The BBC continue to report on the situation with every sentence about Israeli actions finished with "following Palestinian rocket attacks".  They must have a shortcut key set-up on their keyboards. 

 

  Noticed that yesterday. Appalling narrative they're going with from what Ive seen.

 

 

 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

 

  Noticed that yesterday. Appalling narrative they're going with from what Ive seen.

 

I remember when I was in Athens a couple of years back, The news there was reporting a slaughter of 50 Palestinian children by the Israeli forces.

When I got back to the UK plc, I struggled to find a report on it, even the Guardian was downplaying it as 'unfortunate deaths in clampdown'.

When Jewish ex-pats make up such a small part of the population, why do they seemingly have so much sway over news?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like the but Corbyn response, can't wait for these headlines

"Israel today evicted 5 families in the occupied west bank, following Hama's rocket attacks'

It's a sad state of affairs when kids on tiktok understand this is just a play by Bibi to stay in power, but the BBC simply don't mention it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I remember when I was in Athens a couple of years back, The news there was reporting a slaughter of 50 Palestinian children by the Israeli forces.

When I got back to the UK plc, I struggled to find a report on it, even the Guardian was downplaying it as 'unfortunate deaths in clampdown'.

When Jewish ex-pats make up such a small part of the population, why do they seemingly have so much sway over news?

 

:nope:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

:nope:

Are you patronisingly saying that the Jewish diaspora make up a larger population of the UK plc than I'd read about?

Or are you condescendingly saying that the perceived bias re: news is all just part of my imagination?

Or you are implying that this subject is out of bounds and we can't even discuss it?

Really?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

:lol: you just dropped a “Jews control the media” line, man.

No, I asked a question.

On the preceding pages we've had people talk about 'wiping Israel off the map'.

You were conspicuously quiet on that...

So, in summary, you're saying that despite there clearly being a 'bias' towards the State of Israel, on UK news media, we cannot discuss it?

OK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it was the 'sway over the media' that sounded a bit dodgy. 

It's clear our media is biased towards Israel, or at the very least scared to criticise them. But that's the case for nearly all our establishment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Un-fucking-hinged. Hopefully this little war over there will wake a few people up to the hysterical nonsense we put up with for five years. But, in saying that, there's a blatant rise in antisemitism, so it's all fucked. That parade through a jewish area, threatening to kill them all, is pretty low. 

Remember Wes Streeting is one of those that went to war with Corbyn over antisemitism. He's not even toeing the line enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to be here again in [insert number] years when it's all completely forgotten again, what was the last atrocity they committed?  I can't even remember but wasn't it blockading Gaza or something and basically starving them or something.

Still it's serving up some nice culture war attacks attacks at the left so there's that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Can't wait to be here again in [insert number] years when it's all completely forgotten again, what was the last atrocity they committed?  I can't even remember but wasn't it blockading Gaza or something and basically starving them or something.

Still it's serving up some nice culture war attacks attacks at the left so there's that.

2014 was the last war, but then there was the 'Great march of return' or whatever it is they did it 2019, where IDF picked people off at random. Funnily enough, despite it not being a full scale conflict, I think they killed more Palestinians in 2019 than they have in 20 years. Could be wrong though, so someone please put that right if so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it was the 'sway over the media' that sounded a bit dodgy. 

It's clear our media is biased towards Israel, or at the very least scared to criticise them. But that's the case for nearly all our establishment. 

Liker I said, Ian, people were talking about wiping Israel off the map earlier in this discussion, and yet, here we are...

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

No, I asked a question.

On the preceding pages we've had people talk about 'wiping Israel off the map'.

You were conspicuously quiet on that...

So, in summary, you're saying that despite there clearly being a 'bias' towards the State of Israel, on UK news media, we cannot discuss it?

OK.

HTT got plenty of pushback for that statement and I initially read it after the criticism began. No need for me to dogpile.

Quit acting like I’m silencing you ffs. You sound like a right-wing chud whining about cancel culture. Alleged media bias towards Israel has nothing to do with “Jewish expats” (whatever the hell that means) having sway over said media. It’s a deeply offensive comment and a classic anti-Semitic trope. American and British Jews are not beholden to Israel nor responsible for answering for Israel anymore than American or British Muslims are responsible for actions committed by Islamist extremists.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

When the Jewish community ex-pats make up such a small part of the population, why do they seemingly have so much sway over news  do we think it seem to receive a disproportionate amount of coverage in all areas of the media?

 

Is this what you meant to say? 

I think it's a legitimate question but we all know the fucking answer anyway (no not that they control the media, the other one)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick google:

2011 - ~250k British Jews, ~400k Asian British Chinese

Assume numbers have grown or decreased in the same proportions for the sake of argument.

I am assuming KK is asking if the two get proportionate amounts of coverage and attention in the UK media or something along those lines.

Or have I misunderstood.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s without doubt the most difficult political, religious, diplomatic, social, economic and cultural hotbed in the world.

Makes Northern Ireland look like a doddle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BlufPurdi changed the title to Gaza & Israel [potentially NSFW]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...