Gaza & Israel [potentially NSFW]

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Also, a great production company, but there is no way that I am going to their posthouse for my color correction.

I'll tell you what though the way ISIS modified pickups into armoured suicide trucks was impressive.  They just welded very thick plate onto the outside of a pickup and it could withstand RPG's.  They probably spent nothing but normally you might be looking at 20k but we spend 250k on the most basic armoured vehicle.  It's to a much lesser extent why the Russians defence spending is about the same as ours but they are far more capable.

Just now, Lee Charnley said:

I'll tell you what though the way ISIS modified pickups into armoured suicide trucks was impressive.  They just welded very thick plate onto the outside of a pickup and it could withstand RPG's.  They probably spent nothing but normally you might be looking at 20k but we spend 250k on the most basic armoured vehicle.  It's to a much lesser extent why the Russians defence spending is about the same as ours but they are far more capable.

But it would be unethical to buy one of their armor modified Toyota Hiluxes. #boycottISIS

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

But it would be unethical to buy one of their armor modified Toyota Hiluxes. #boycottISIS

I'm more just saying that we completely overspend on stuff despite having one of the largest military budgets in the world.  We spent 2.5 US Billion less than Russia on our military but they would completely overwhelm us instantly.

We are developing the Tempest which will be the most dominant Aircraft of it's type but obviously that is costing 90 trillion quid or whatever because everyone has to have a piece of the pie.

The Russian's have it right, it's all government run and even the private companies are almost.

Pretty much any western aircraft or military asset will have uk components in it as we have the best engineers in the world.  Look at why Argentina have a shit air force now for example.  We have vetoed any of their purchases, most recently the KA-50 fighter from South Korea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Just now, Kimbo said:

Russia’s military would be abysmal anywhere other than in their back garden.

Interesting that they continually incur our airspace with tu-95 bears and tu 160's.  You are saying that as you read something about their only aircraft carrier the Admiral Kuznetsov.  The Uk has 2 aircraft carriers both excellent but neither have aircraft so 1 will be populated by US operated Marine F35B's for the next operation.  We have also just reduced our purchase of F35's(or most likely to) from 148 to 65 because of the Tempest.

14 minutes ago, Lee Charnley said:

Interesting that they continually incur our airspace with tu-95 bears and tu 160's.  You are saying that as you read something about their only aircraft carrier the Admiral Kuznetsov.  The Uk has 2 aircraft carriers both excellent but neither have aircraft so 1 will be populated by US operated Marine F35B's for the next operation.  We have also just reduced our purchase of F35's(or most likely to) from 148 to 65 because of the Tempest.

Anyone can fly in another country's airspace and wave their willy around.

1 minute ago, Lee Charnley said:

True, maybe it's just to show us that they have long range bombers and we don't.

Unless it's a stealth bomber who cares? And as you mentioned, their aircraft carrier looks like it's a loser from scrapheap challenge.

15 minutes ago, Lee Charnley said:

Your first sentence wasn't grammatically incorrect and neither was your second. Consistency is the key. 

I am a colonial. What’s your excuse? And do I really have to explain to you what touché means? 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I am a colonial. What’s your excuse? And do I really have to explain to you what touché means? 

I know, I was just clarifying. I don't have a problem with you.

Posted (edited)

Back to Gaza, I am not surprised at all, but it’s so fucking disgusting how CNN found it difficult to show solidarity with fellow journalists. It totally undermines their whole fucking narrative during the age of Trump. You know...truth matters and shit. And let’s not forget to mention how carefully many of their articles and reports use the passive voice only when it comes to Palestinians. I may only be journalist adjacent, but this still feels like a slap In the face. I’m still fucking livid over this.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

30 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Also, sorry if that auto-plays for you :undecided:

Yeah, that was a great monologue. Thankfully, there are plenty of principled Israelis speaking out. Maybe not enough, but at least they are a thorn in the side of the right wing to some small degree. Ilan Pappe has been writing about this shit for 50 odd years. Miko Peled has been a staunch advocate for the last two decades.

I have a few acquaintances who have been outspoken in their quest for equal rights for Palestinians. They have bigger balls than I could ever hope to have. 

• BlufPurdi changed the title to Gaza & Israel [potentially NSFW]