Ignacio "Nacho" Gonzalez

Willow

What an absolute waste of a loan that was. Have we even seen him in training or ANYWHERE?

He, Enrique and Xisco have been partying together on several occasions.

Oh, well as long as they're having a nice time in the clubs thats the main thing :)

What do you expect Xisco to go, at this rate Paul Dalgleish has had more chances than him.

If Xisco's dad was manager I'm sure he'd have had more chances.

possibly wrong but i'm sure gullit gave dalglish more games kenny did.

What do you expect Xisco to go, at this rate Paul Dalgleish has had more chances than him.

Probably right. I've tried to forget his time at the club.

correct

Guest toonlass

Why could we not send him back from wherever he came from when he was deemed to be out for just about the rest of the season? Why should we have to pay his wages for partying with Xisco and Enrique?

Why could we not send him back from wherever he came from when he was deemed to be out for just about the rest of the season? Why should we have to pay his wages for partying with Xisco and Enrique?

He could come in Handy and Be an absolute world beater for last few games of the Season and save us from Relegation ala Tevez at West Ham. We sign him permanently and he becomes a great player for us.

Showed promise when he came on against Hull, so I'm willing to wait and see what he does.

Btw i saw him in metro centre with Gutierrez and Xisco and didn't look like he was limping or injured at all so he may be a quick healer.

• 1 month later...

He could come in Handy and Be an absolute world beater for last few games of the Season and save us from Relegation ala Tevez at West Ham. We sign him permanently and he becomes a great player for us.

Showed promise when he came on against Hull, so I'm willing to wait and see what he does.

Btw i saw him in metro centre with Gutierrez and Xisco and didn't look like he was limping or injured at all so he may be a quick healer.

hope that becomes the case.

---

Ignacio Gonzalez may boost NUFC survival bid

NEWCASTLE UNITED’S forgotten man Ignacio Gonzalez could yet emerge from his Toon nightmare to play a part in the Magpies’ Premier League survival bid.

The Uruguay international arrived at St James’s Park on the final day of the August transfer window.

And his signing was thought to be one of the straws that broke the camel’s back for Kevin Keegan, with the former United manager walking out on the club shortly after Gonzalez signed on a year-long loan deal from La Liga big boys Valencia.

Yet the South American has barely been seen since, with just two substitute appearances against Hull City and West Ham all the 26-year-old has to show for his efforts on Tyneside after the recurrence of a serious Achilles injury restricted him to a period of isolation at the club’s Benton HQ.

The midfielder, nicknamed Nacho, netted 45 goals in 170 appearances for Danubio in Uruguay and was keen to shine in the Premier League before being struck down by injury.

Hughton told the Chronicle: “I’m sure we will see Nacho this season.

“I really do feel for him.

“It’s been incredibly frustrating for him.

“This is a lad who has missed most of the season apart from two appearances against Hull and West Ham.

“He’s missed almost every game.

“I feel for him because he came here on a year’s loan to show what he can do.

“He came here to play and that has been the big disappointment for him.”

Gonzalez has been scheduled for a mid-March return but, with just a handful of games left to play this season, he could return to the Mestalla a disappointed figure despite some high hopes when he first signed for the Magpies.

After the 3-1 loss at West Ham shortly after KK’s departure, Gonzalez said: “I am here for a one-year deal but maybe this could be permanent if it goes well.

“I came to Newcastle to play games and the Premier League is one of the best stages in the world to do that.”

Hope he plays but like always, I won't hold my breath...

don`t think he would get a chance (like Xisco) if Kinnear was in charge......more confident he will get a chance under Calderwood/Hughton.

Who knows, he might well play a vital contribution towards our survival at the end of the season