Kinnear hopes for cash boost

Dave

the one flicker of hope i have is that ashley seems impetuous and rash, and that could cause him to splash cash. on the other hand he also seems tight fisted and, after a bad year financially, will not want to lose any more money.

He should be bright enough to realise that if you sign a good player at a decent age its almost always a good investment, not a loss.

I think Kinnear might actually have him over a barrel to be honest, much more so then Allardyce or even Keegan.  Look at the position we're in now, who's going to take the job if Kinnear walked?, we'd be relegated if he did, guarenteed IMO.  Having said that with Sunderland now appointing a new manaher Kinnear hasn't got anywhere to go if he did leave.

Guest neesy111

He should be bright enough to realise that if you sign a good player at a decent age its almost always a good investment, not a loss.

ashley need's to buy players now to replace those out of contract/expected to leave

owen

butt

shola

n'zogbia

i hope ashley get's very rash and tells kinnear to start selling the overpaid bunch of twat's tbh, the kids would of done better today

Ashley's last chance I think after he said he would drive us forward in 2009

Aye, he can't say that then offer nowt to spend, surely?

Why not?

Well, it seems to me like he's trying to appease fans and make a second go of running Newcastle. Driving the club forwards, with this squad? Even Ashley isn't foolish enough to not know that he'll have to give Kinnear some kind of budget if this club is going to get anywhere.

Apart from Appiah, there are no obvious free transfers anyway, and I doubt Kinnear will have found us any loans.

We're crying out for some creativity in midfield and somebody who can break a game up and play for 90 minutes.

Yep, a completely new central midfield! Although I reckon Barton could do the second part of that if he can get himself fit.

Guest neesy111

I thought he said a few weeks back he has money?

he did, but now it will be the amount he has to spend, will the u-turn by ashley mean he will be able to bring more players or better quality one's than the one's he had targeted out

Ashley's last chance I think after he said he would drive us forward in 2009

Aye, he can't say that then offer nowt to spend, surely?

Why not?

he will make promises, sign a couple of frees, couple bagain basement players, let a couple go,. talk about big name buys till the window closes, then he will breathe a huge sigh of relief, that he got through the window without shelling out more than a couple of mil.

If Keegan and Allardyce couldn't do it, I've got more f***ing chance of getting money out of Ashley than Kinnear :lol:

Allardyce wasn't Ashley's choice, and even so, we spent £5m plus on three players.

Keegan was there less than 9 months, in which time we broke our record transfer fee for a defender. If he'd hung around he'd have probably had money to spend next month.

Ashley won't spend a f***ing dime. This time next year, we'll still be waiting for a decent CM, Butt will still be starting, and we'll still be s***.

if all that happens well probably be pushing for top 6, in the championship

I think Kinnear might actually have him over a barrel to be honest, much more so then Allardyce or even Keegan.  Look at the position we're in now, who's going to take the job if Kinnear walked?, we'd be relegated if he did, guarenteed IMO.  Having said that with Sunderland now appointing a new manaher Kinnear hasn't got anywhere to go if he did leave.

:lol:

do me a favour, he's got no principles, that much is clear since he arrived - begging & scraping for a contract and generally being the clubs mouthpiece...not a chance kinnear walks, none

Ashley won't spend a fucking dime. This time next year, we'll still be waiting for a decent CM, Butt will still be starting, and we'll still be shit.

you never know like but i'm inclined to think the financial meltdown will end up pushing his hand towards spending some money, might not be HIS money but he could easily go down the route of investing the clubs money

fact is we're in very real danger of relegation, getting relegated would further decrease the value of his investment - if he has anyone advising him they should be telling him to throw 20m at the squad or risk losing a hell of a lot more than that should we go down