January net spend sweepstake

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can any of the eight ten people who've voted £10m+ tell me on what their confidence is based? I'm astonished so many have voted that way tbh. ???

I didn't vote that way, but I'd assume it's the optimism that often goes hand in hand with being a football fan.

More than £10 million, I've been wrong for the last few windows so it's about time I got one right.  In reality, it could be any of the above, I just hope Kinnear isn't picking the players who come in.  Anybody who rates Butt should never be allowed to make that kind of decision.

Can any of the eight ten people who've voted £10m+ tell me on what their opinion is based? I'm astonished so many have voted that way tbh. ???

Because I've been wrong so often that I'm due one right and if it's this one then I'll go for the best outcome.

More than £10 million, I've been wrong for the last few windows so it's about time I got one right.  In reality, it could be any of the above, I just hope Kinnear isn't picking the players who come in.  Anybody who rates Butt should never be allowed to make that kind of decision.

As much as I dislike Kinnear, as long as he's the manager he should be in charge of who comes in and goes out IMO. I might not like him being in charge but I can't change my mind on the system.

Can any of the eight ten people who've voted £10m+ tell me on what their opinion is based? I'm astonished so many have voted that way tbh. ???

Because I've been wrong so often that I'm due one right and if it's this one then I'll go for the best outcome.

Aye, it's all down to you Mick. But couldn't you have said £300m and we could have ended up having a budget like Man City? :lol:

The hardest thing for Kinnear and Ashley though is that this isnt a great window to be trying to buy players - certainly of the quality that we probably want.

We will all be fucked off if we hardly get anyone but to try and be fair to them, I am not sure they can be held completely to blame for it if they dont.

I am probably being a bit niaive though

Guest The Libertine

we'd have spent over £10 million net in the last window if milner didnt want to leave right at the end. if he was still here then "net spend" wouldnt be as big an issue.

we sold rozenhal (poor defender basically) for a good price, emre (unfit, 1 good game in 10 player) for a, iirc, good price then faye and milner wanted out. similar story with the allardyce window too.

we'd have spent over £10 million net in the last window if milner didnt want to leave right at the end. if he was still here then "net spend" wouldnt be as big an issue.

we sold rozenhal (poor defender basically) for a good price, emre (unfit, 1 good game in 10 player) for a, iirc, good price then faye and milner wanted out. similar story with the allardyce window too.

Look what we got out of West Ham for Dyer, for once we've sold well.