If you could ask Ashley one thing...

Dave

...what would it be?

Of course, there are about a hundred questions we could all ask, but what would you be most desperate to find a response to?

I'd want to know why Mort leaving meant the communication within the club and with the fans was simply left to fall into the doldrums. He seems to have been the glue that held everything together - why did Ashley not realise this when allowing Mort to leave and make arrangements to maintain the status quo? Sounds simplistic but I honestly believe a lot of this year's debacle could have been avoided (and resolved) if the club were more willing to talk.

Guest toonlass

How do you manage to get named tracksuit pants so cheaply? They do fantastically for the bairns for cub camp. What is your secret?

Why do you think Denis Wise is qualified to oversee a man of the achievements of Kevin Keegan,..two time european footballer of the year,...

Still don't get this argument. Real Madrid have Mijhalovic or whatever you call him, and he worked in a similar position to Wise there above the likes of Capello & Schuster, and it hasn't stopped them winning titles and signing top players.

Why try and kid people that you're a football fan?

What gives you the right to deduce that he isn't?

He might not be a 'genuine' Newcastle fan, but there must be something seriously wrong with the man if he decided to get into the football business if he had no interest in it.

He might not be a 'genuine' Newcastle fan, but there must be something seriously wrong with the man if he decided to get into the football business if he had no interest in it.

He won't say who he supported and according to his statement his first "memory" as a fan was the hand of god at the world cup when he was 23.

I don't trust people who don't support clubs.

If he'd stated he was a business man like Lerner or Glazer I'd have no problem - trying to act like he's one of the lads who stood on terraces is bullshit.

He won't say who he supported and according to his statement his first "memory" as a fan was the hand of god at the world cup when he was 23.

I don't trust people who don't support clubs.

It is possible for people to grow allegiance to institutions such as NUFC over time, you know. I'm not saying for a fact that he has done that.

He has come out several times and said that he supported England from a young age and was neutral in regards to clubs. He's not the first football fan I've come across that wasn't too fussed about a club side, at least in public.

If he'd stated he was a business man like Lerner or Glazer I'd have no problem - trying to act like he's one of the lads who stood on terraces is bullshit.

Why do people such as yourself have to make things up when you don't really have a clue about the man's inner thoughts and beliefs?

Maybe it is bullshit, maybe it isn't. You're twisting possibilities to suit your agenda.

RM - just going by my experience - what I call proper football fans follow clubs. People who just follow England aren't "proper".

It seems unnatural to me to suddenly "appear" in the away end as he did. Even if he'd said "Look, I was a Spurs fan on a casual basis but now I've bought NUFC I'll support them" I'd accept that more readily that what he has or hasn't really said - I'm just suspicious.

If his answer to my original question was to provide an explanation which allay my suspicions then surely that;s the point?