Coping with injuries

TRon

We can't basically. When we've had most of our squad available we've picked up results but we are now back to the decimated team Hughton had to work with. JK said there were players on the pitch against Liverpool who were half fit and they certainly played like it. I think we are in for a couple more weeks of results and performances that will test the patience so I'm not damping down my expectations (even further).

Guest The Libertine

it might be a good thing in some cases. fringe/dead players players like lua lua and xisco might get a go and impress enough to save us some money.

Guest thenorthumbrian

That just proves what a failure Ashley and Wise have been in their running of the club.

Cockney mafia out....  ;)

Losing three of your regular back four would test any team in the premiership tbh.

(we've still a wafer thin squad mind)

The manager did want two full-backs in the summer though. Ah fuck it I've cracked. Although no idea what went on with that bloke we had on trial who went to Hull, and it was pretty apparent that we went for Warnock but obviously that never came off as well. So who knows?

Losing three of your regular back four would test any team in the premiership tbh.

(we've still a wafer thin squad mind)

The manager did want two full-backs in the summer though. Ah f*** it I've cracked. Although no idea what went on with that bloke we had on trial who went to Hull, and it was pretty apparent that we went for Warnock but obviously that never came off as well. So who knows?

Still think centre midfield was/is the weaker area, although theres nothing in the rules that say you can't actually strengthen more than one area in a window.

• 1 month later...

When is the Nacho man back then (not that we`ll play him)? I`m sure   :kinnear: said February or something.......at least Martins is back. Smith is supposed to be back and el Gordo Viduka is listed as available for selection on .com but I guess that`s a typo or they couldn`t be arsed to update the mountain injury list we keep accumuating.....hmmmm

all the others like Barton/Guthrie/Owen/Beye we probably wont see until the last month of the season or so it seems.

great news on owen!

but i am still thinking that there is something more to our horrible injury situation - it has been bad for years, and if you look at physiorooms list we are always around the top there..... i don't know what it is, training facilities, physios, the doctors performing the medicals, training methods, whatever......

i am aware that broken bones and such are not to be prevented, but we have way too many other injuries as well....

Along with the new owner/players/manager we could really do with some new fitness and physique coaches too - the amount of preventable injuries we pick up is huge. Broken bones/game injuries etc can't be helped so much but muscle strains are more than preventable.

Same here.

This is one area SA was on the way to solving.

There was no proof of that in the short-term.  :harry:

Well he did hire 500,000 people to do it.

Still no proof it was working in the short-term as we still had just as many as we normally do under him. His methods at Bolton were proven over the long-term, which may have been the case here. But there certainly wasn't any short-term benefits happening.

Same here.

Still no proof it was working in the short-term as we still had just as many as we normally do under him. His methods at Bolton were proven over the long-term, which may have been the case here. But there certainly wasn't any short-term benefits happening.

You and your short term eh. Projection I calls it. "On the way to..." ie He was looking at it.

Same here.

You and your short term eh. Projection I calls it. "On the way to..." ie He was looking at it.

Ashley is "On the way to..." developing the Arsenal model ;)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/68484/Owen-back-soon/

The England outcast was facing six weeks on the sidelines after damaging ankle ligaments in a freak fall at Manchester City last week. But scans have revealed the injury is less serious than first feared.

With the Geordies already knocked out of the FA Cup, Owen could miss just two games.

He has no chance of being fit for Saturday’s trip to rock-bottom West Brom, or the home game against Everton, but he has set his sights on facing Bolton at the Reebok Stadium on March 1.

Getting Owen back soon would be massive. Pity it's the Star.

Every side gets injuries, lots of sides have got just as many as Newcastle, unfortunately, Newcastle dont have enough depth to cope (or atleast cope as well as they can) with them as other sides do.