Bilic quits Croatia job

James

Guest Howaythetoon

Bilic could be to club management what KK was to international management - not cut out for it. I guess I'm saying he'd be a big gamble and I don't think we can afford to gamble like that given the position we are in and likely will be in for a good while further.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bilic could be to club management what KK was to international management - not cut out for it. I guess I'm saying he'd be a big gamble and I don't think we can afford to gamble like that given the position we are in and likely will be in for a good while further.

Problem is, the dead certs (and i say that loosely) that are out there, Mourinho, Benitez, Fergie, Wenger and even to a certain extent Hughes and Redknapp wouldnt touch us with a bargepole.

Any foreign manager, even Advocaat, Hiddink, Van Gaal types would be gambles as they have no premier league experience

Guest Howaythetoon

Problem is, the dead certs (and i say that loosely) that are out there, Mourinho, Benitez, Fergie, Wenger and even to a certain extent Hughes and Redknapp wouldnt touch us with a bargepole.

Any foreign manager, even Advocaat, Hiddink, Van Gaal types would be gambles as they have no premier league experience

But club experience which is a world away from the international scene.

Guest sicko2ndbest

But club experience which is a world away from the international scene.

Agree, but Ramos was probably one of the most sort after club managers in europe when spurs appointed him and look how that turned out.

I personally wouldnt mind Bilic, young enthusiastic, good standing in the game, knowledge of the premier league etc. A gamble, yes, but an educated gamble

I just think that Bilic has the personality for Premier League management. There is just something about him, some sort of aura.

You mean he looks like a hard bloke in a suit? :lol:

I don't see him or his achievements as much different to those of Mark Hughes.

Given the players he has at his disposal he really hasn't done as brilliant a job as people want to believe.

I just think that Bilic has the personality for Premier League management. There is just something about him, some sort of aura.

You mean he looks like a hard bloke in a suit? :lol:

I don't see him or his achievements as much different to those of Mark Hughes.

Given the players he has at his disposal he really hasn't done as brilliant a job as people want to believe.

This bit is ignored quite abit. This is the most gifted group of Croats since 98.

Guest Heneage

Give the guy credit he's done a very good job with a Croatia team that bar 2-3 is not terribly blessed. He built a formation and used their strengths. When you imagine at club level you can bring your own guys in he has potential, I'm not saying he's the new Mourinho, but he deserves a chance somewhere.

Guest optimistic nit

what exactly is it that we are gambling? Kinnear? he may not be cut out for it, but i think he could point us in a better direction than fucking kinnear.