Any Hockey fans Here?

Guest jmveness

Guest jmveness

I am curious to know if anyone on this board is a hockey fan,  I noticed that Newcastle has a hockey team coached by a few good ex-NHLers and wondered if it is a followed sport in Northern England?

For the record I am a Montreal Canadiens fan!

Wankaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I just recently got into hockey (Saturday, 8:30 PM to be exact), when my friend made me watch the Leafs opener. I have to say I rather enjoyed it, and clearly saw that hockey isn't all about savages beating each other with sticks (though that does happen).

I will be making sure that I see almost every game now, and hope that at least ONE team from this city makes it to the playoff (Argos don't count).

Go Go Raptors, Go Leafs Go!

I think we're talking ICE hockey here (pulling on his Calgary Flames Sweatshirt)

The sun never shines long enough in Canada so the grass can grow for Hockey - or "Field Hockey " to our Canuck friends.....................

Guest jmveness

Wankaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I just recently got into hockey (Saturday, 8:30 PM to be exact), when my friend made me watch the Leafs opener. I have to say I rather enjoyed it, and clearly saw that hockey isn't all about savages beating each other with sticks (though that does happen).

I will be making sure that I see almost every game now, and hope that at least ONE team from this city makes it to the playoff (Argos don't count).

Well... I'm glad you got into the sport.  It is fun to watch again...finally.  So Sorry about your choice of teams though.  The Leafs average age this year is 33.  Making them the oldest team in professional sports.  Look forward to a year of pent up frustration as they fail to win anything for a record 40 years and counting! bluelaugh.gif

Wankaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Well... I'm glad you got into the sport.  It is fun to watch again...finally.  So Sorry about your choice of teams though.  The Leafs average age this year is 33.  Making them the oldest team in professional sports.  Look forward to a year of pent up frustration as they fail to win anything for a record 40 years and counting! bluelaugh.gif

sabres, blackhawks, maple leafs  in that order!    loved ken dryden though

Took the missus to a Newcastle Vipers match a while back. She really liked it, but I just couldn't get into it. The whole thing seemed very fake. No real passion. That, and I didn't really understand what the hell was happening. It was like: everyone's skating... skating... skating... everything stops... some music starts... the kids all clap... the music stops... the ref drops the puck... skating... skating... Newcastle score... more music... players celebrate... ref drops the puck... repeat.

Weird sport.

The Vipers seemed canny good, like. Can't remember who they were playing against--some Scottish team--but they got absolutely caned.

Guest jmveness

Keefaz that was a pretty good analogy of a hockey game.  Watch how the puck is moved around the ice and follow the play evolves especially in the corners and the blueline areas. 

• 1 year later...

I was a big fan of one Finnish team when I was little. Now I might check out how they've been playing sometimes but I havent been to a match in two or three years.

http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~mdean/canada.gif

Still love that lad  tongue.gif 

Some of you Canadiens fans might know who he is!

I like hockey, i used to skate twice a week when i lived in bracknell (bracknell bees) i got asked to try out for the womans team but im a whimp and didnt want to get hurt :)

I was a big fan of one Finnish team when I was little. Now I might check out how they've been playing sometimes but I havent been to a match in two or three years.

http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~mdean/canada.gif

Still love that lad  tongue.gif 

Some of you Canadiens fans might know who he is!

Eidur Gudjonsen?

I used to be a hockey-fan (never near as much as football though), though that interest has faded into nothing.

Went to my first hockey game in about two years a couple of weeks ago, but it was so boring that we left after two periods :p

The only sport I've actually ever given a toss about other than football was basketball when I was a nipper. I liked to play it and a lot of the interplay and teamwork of a top NBA side is quite similar to that you see in a very good footballing team--e.g. Arsenal, Barca, etc. I still stop by the lads at Leazes park to watch the lads play, but I can't be arsed to watch it on the telly, like.