Flight Simulator X

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

Just bought this (I'm a bit obsessed with games like this), and I was wondering, what are the best ways to clear up your computer to make games run smoother? This game is notorious for lag on certain computers but my spec is fairly good, it's just cluttered up with stuff which slows it down. So what should I look at removing from my computer to make it run a bit smoother, and how do you go about doing that?

Just bought this (I'm a bit obsessed with games like this), and I was wondering, what are the best ways to clear up your computer to make games run smoother? This game is notorious for lag on certain computers but my spec is fairly good, it's just cluttered up with stuff which slows it down. So what should I look at removing from my computer to make it run a bit smoother, and how do you go about doing that?

Defrag the hard drive for a start.

Defrag the hard drive for a start.

See you've lost me already. I'm not a computer kinda guy. Explain how to do this  :lol:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disc Defragmenter

I used to play FS9 a lot.

Loved it at one time, got really good at it and had loads of add ons and stuff.

Even flew a 747 round the world stoping at big cities along the way all in real time.  :kasper:

Sad bastard, I know.