Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

from the limited viewings i've had of both players, xisco is definitly worth a go infront of carroll

I have that feeling as well. Carroll doesn't look like a goal scorer, I think Joe likes him because he's big and strong. Xisco looks less physical but he looks like he might have more quality around the penalty area. Hard to tell from a couple of brief outings, but I'd like to see him in a decent side before i write him off.

not just the goals but all round play

Agreed. He's no Viduka but he looks a bit more polished than Carroll. I wouldn't have even minded seeing him alongside Carroll for the last 10 mins with the wingers firing a few crosses in.

Comparing Xisco with Carroll is like comparing a Lada with a Reliant Kitten.

Possibly. I'd like to see Xisco properly before we ship him out though. A lot of Newcastle fans thought Jon Dahl Tomasson was shit at Newcastle but he went on to win the Champions League at AC Milan.

Guest Heneage

from the limited viewings i've had of both players, xisco is definitly worth a go infront of carroll

I have that feeling as well. Carroll doesn't look like a goal scorer, I think Joe likes him because he's big and strong. Xisco looks less physical but he looks like he might have more quality around the penalty area. Hard to tell from a couple of brief outings, but I'd like to see him in a decent side before i write him off.

not just the goals but all round play

Agreed. He's no Viduka but he looks a bit more polished than Carroll. I wouldn't have even minded seeing him alongside Carroll for the last 10 mins with the wingers firing a few crosses in.

Comparing Xisco with Carroll is like comparing a Lada with a Reliant Kitten.

Possibly. I'd like to see Xisco properly before we ship him out though. A lot of Newcastle fans thought Jon Dahl Tomasson was s*** at Newcastle but he went on to win the Champions League at AC Milan.

The more I read your posts (Otter) the more I believe you truly are full of complete crap.

The Luque thread all over again.

Hence my comment: -

Is he the new Luque?

I noticed a lot of posts about Xisco in other threads and thought we may as well have one thread about him (as per the mega Luque thread of the past).

Let me sum it up

Reasons why he's not selected to be mentioned:

1-Shit at training

2-Bad attitude

3-Can't speak the language

4-JFK hates him

Reasons why he should be selected:

1-Can't be worse than others

2-Good recored in Spain

3-Paid good money for him

Same points will be mentioned for 100+ pages till he goes to Ajax..

Guest Mantis

Great signing. Wonder who was behind it.

Same people behind the Gutierrez, Coloccini & Bassong signings.

You forgot Gonzalez.

Unless they quite clearly can't play football at all, I think anyone who believes they can suitably judge a player in three appearances (especially under the circumstances) has a rather over-inflated opinion of themselves.

Guest Jawesome

Fuck me.  These guys could sign the next Pele and they'd still be cockney wankers that deserve no place in this club, according to some people on here.

Unless they quite clearly can't play football at all, I think anyone who believes they can suitably judge a player in three appearances (especially under the circumstances) has a rather over-inflated opinion of themselves.

Yep, sounds like Joe Kinnear. ;)

f*** me.  These guys could sign the next Pele and they'd still be cockney wankers that deserve no place in this club, according to some people on here.

To be fair even if they did sign the new Pele Kinnear wouldn't play him.

Guest Mantis

Great signing. Wonder who was behind it.

Same people behind the Gutierrez, Coloccini & Bassong signings.

You forgot Gonzalez.

Doesn't really count due to injury. Nice one.

Suppose Marcelino is excused then.

Can't work out how anyone can say he's shit when he's barely played for us. He needs a run in the team before any judgement can be made as to how good, or bad, he is.

Whether he gets a run in the team in another matter entirely.... :hmm:

Kinnear's actually only seen the one game with Xisco. I'm not having anyone tell me that he was significantly worse (never mind to the point of "he's never playing again") than anyone else during the atrocious performance against Blackburn featuring a side shorn of Enrique, Beye, Guthrie, Martins and Jonas, who all make a difference to our attacking play.

I know, I know, he sees him in training. He sees Bassong and Cacapa as well but still picked the latter when Taylor first crocked himself. If Xisco's shit fair enough but I don't like not being able to make up my own mind given the alternatives.

Guest optimistic nit

wouldn't trust kinnears judgement on players at all. zog and bassong only got in through injuries, he seemed not to even consider bassong as a cb until forced. he knows fuck all about anything tbh.

1) Luque flopped probably because of that initial injury he had after playing one or two games for us (tore his hamstring). Plenty of players over the years have become completely s*** after a serious injury, their confidence goes downhill as does their form and before we know it they've become s*** overnight. We have someone like that in Damien Duff. Maybe Luque was never suited to Premiership football, who knows, but it's hard to come to that judgement when an injury has clearly affected him over the long term. Otherwise, why isn't he back in Spain doing the business for a good side if his failure here was merely down to not being suited to this league? He's quite clearly finished as a footballer.

2) Javier Mascherano is a prime example of how some foreign players merely need to be shown some faith in their ability by their managers, (and maybe need to be surrounded by decent players rather than incompetent s****) rather than be shown the could shoulder with little explanation for it. Five games or so in 6 months for West Ham under Pardew/Curbishley saw Mascherano labelled as a flop, unable to adjust to Premiership football, too weak/small for it, etc etc - as soon as he moves to Liverpool, it took only one game playing for a high calibre manager for us to suddenly see that Mascherano was in fact a fantastic defensive midfielder and was indeed well suited to Premiership football. Granted there are plenty of foreign players not suited to Premiership football (e.g. vast majority of South American players), but maybe it's not always the player who fails to adapt, but the manager who fails to do his job with respect to that player? Or it could even be that the formation/system works against the player, or even unfortunate timing or pressures, e.g. the manager unwilling to give an unproven unknown quantity too many chances when crucial points are at stake, and will prefer to go with what he knows.

Maybe Xisco is shit, but I certainly don't trust Joe Kinnear when it comes to seeing talent that might not be obvious to him because he has no track record of it.