Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Xisco was never given time to prove his worth. I think he is better than Lovenkrands, Ranger and Ameobi.

Difficult to back that up given that you have basically admitted that we have not seen enough of him at the start of your post. I would agree, like many, that it appears illogical to have a striker on loan who is scoring goals in La Liga whilst we are trying to decide whether it is best to start Nile Ranger or Shefki Kuqi.

Guest BooBoo

Xisco was never given time to prove his worth. I think he is better than Lovenkrands, Ranger and Ameobi.

Seriously, can something not be done about some of these posts?

How do we know he doesn't speak English anyway? Because or an interview with that bellend Joe Kinnear 2 years ago?

He doesn't speak English.  His time on loan won't have improved his English.  He won't speak English when he gets back.  Duck egg.

I'm not one to jump into conspiracy theories like, and i've laughed at the sugestion he isn't been played through contractial agreements, but i've never seen a fairly big money signing just completely shunned from the side and not a word smoken on the matter. 9 appearances in nearly 3 year (1 off the magic number 10 for those conspiracists) and as far as i'm aware he's never been injured.

The thing is, his 9th game was coming off the bench when we were bumming Villa. If the 10 game thing was true why would we bother bringing him on in a game we had already clearly won?

How do we know he doesn't speak English anyway? Because or an interview with that bellend Joe Kinnear 2 years ago?

He doesn't speak English.  His time on loan won't have improved his English.  He won't speak English when he gets back.  Duck egg.

So we know Xisco does not speak English because Rupert Communicator guessed so on an internet forum? Have I been wooshed here or something?

And aye Cajun your right, I doubt it is a contractual reason, there just seems to be something fishy going on. Just a bit curious like.

i've never seen a fairly big money signing just completely shunned from the side and not a word smoken on the matter. 9 appearances in nearly 3 year (1 off the magic number 10 for those conspiracists) and as far as i'm aware he's never been injured.

Bosko Balaban

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen the games in full, but for those with a vague interest, his recent match reports:

Sergio Aguero left it later than Atletico Madrid may have hoped, but he struck a crucial late winner to rocket his side into the UEFA Europa League places with a 1-0 win over struggling Deportivo La Coruna.

The game looked to be drifting towards a drab stalemate until the Argentina international pounced in the 80th minute, taking Juanfran's touch to net his 17th goal of the La Liga season.

As a result, they are now fifth in the table, while their hosts, who lost Alberto Lopo to an 11th red card of his career, remain just three points above the drop-zone.

Juan Rodriquez looked to get Depor up and running with an early shot from distance, before Andres Guardado brought a fine save out of David De Gea as the hosts impressed.

On-loan striker Xisco then warmed the goalkeeper's palms with a header, before Aguero signalled his intent when he thumped the bar from outside the box.

Jose Antonio Reyes then saw a goal chalked off for an offside committed by Aguero, as both sides resorted to shooting from distance. Xisco drove over the bar after half-time, before Aguero got in the box, only to see Daniel Aranzubia equal to his low effort.

Diego Costa volleyed over for Depor and Aguero took aim from the edge of the area as both sides went in hunt of a goal, but the home side's chances were hindered just shy of the hour when Lopo received a second yellow card.

Tomas Ujfalusi then forced Aranzubia to tip his strike around the post as time ticked away, before Aguero beat the goalkeeper when he kept his composure from six yards out after Diego Forlan had linked up with Juanfran.

Hercules 1-0 Deportivo

Hercules picked up a vital three points against mid-table Deportivo to keep their La Liga survival bid on track.

They remain unbeaten in their last three matches.

A solitary Tiago Gomes strike was enough to take the home side above Real Zaragoza and within two points of 17th placed Osasuna while defeat means Deportivo stay 13th, only five points ahead of Hercules.

The visitors started brightly and could have opened the scoring inside the first minute when Xisco's shot flashed just wide of the post.

The Newcastle United loanee then tested Hercules goalkeeper Juan Calatayud with a header in the fifth minute as Hercules still struggled to get a foothold in proceedings.

Depor remained on top until the interval and came close through two efforts from Nouioui Lassad and a further chance for the busy Xisco.

Hercules emerged for the second half with more drive and started to exert themselves on the game as Gomes and Abraham Paz both had good chances just after the restart.

Miroslav Djukic's relegation-threatened side then took the lead on the hour mark.when Gomes met Kiko's cross with a powerful header that beat Daniel Aranzubia in the away goal.

The home side then looked to close the game out by introducing defender Noe Pamarot with just over fifteen minutes remaining and it worked as Hercules limited the visitors to long-range efforts.

David Trezeguet could have doubled Hercules' lead late on but his 88th-minute effort was just too high

Deportivo 2-0 Racing Santander

Deportivo La Coruna continued to pull away from La Liga's drop zone thanks to a win over fellow strugglers Racing Santander.

Goals either side of half-time from Lassad and Xisco moved Depor above their opponents and five points clear of the bottom three with six games remaining.

The result brought an end to Racing's three-match unbeaten run as they slipped two places behind Depor in the standings.

The home side made a bright start at the Estadio Riazor with Andres Guardado turning a left-footed shot past the post after six minutes.

Racing's first chance arrived eight minutes later through Mehdi Lacen, who met a corner from Pedro Munitis but fired over the bar from 20 yards.

Manuel Pablo came close to scoring for Depor after 26 minutes with a header from Guardado's cross which just cleared the crossbar, and Ruben Perez brought a save from visiting goalkeeper Antonio Tono with his left-footed strike as the hosts enjoyed a spell of pressure.

Racing again responded and Depor goalkeeper Daniel Aranzubia had to be at his best to tip away a powerful shot from Domingo Cisma four minutes before the interval.

But the breakthrough came on the stroke of half-time with Manuel Pablo putting a cross into the box which Lassad headed home.

Lassad then turned provider for Xisco to double the lead four minutes after the restart with another header.

Racing raised their game in search of a goal and an unmarked Giovani Dos Santos was wasteful in directing a right-footed shot wide of the mark.

Aranzubia made another brilliant save to block Julian Luque's close-range strike after 66 minutes, while Tono performed similar heroics at the other end 10 minutes later in tipping away Adrian Lopez's drive from distance.

The game was quickly slipping away from Racing and their disappointing afternoon was summed up when one final shot from Munitis flew over the crossbar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/spain_results/default.stm

Deportivo La Coruna lost  0-1 to Atletico Madrid so no goal for Xisco. Deportivo are 3 points off the drop zone and have played a game more than the teams in the bottom 3. It looks similar to the Premiership how close it is in the bottom half of the table.

I see Barcelona and Real Madrid also lost!