Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Heneage

What does Siberski's strike rate have to do with this? I'd still take Sib over Carroll.

Good-hearted but s*** players can score a few goals was my point - I don't see what quoting Xisco's goal record has to do with the fact that he looked poor when he played and has been seemingly written off.

This is the same as Luque where tv fans who watch people play in foreign leagues clamour for people to be played for no good reason other than they scored a couple of good goals on YouTube - as I said without being privy to training and working with the player on a daily basis I don't see how you can say he more right to play than anyone else.

Tv fans? Oh dear. Let me guess you are at every home game rain or shine? Am I being chastised for watching foreign leagues?

Xisco could have played in Slovakia's second division, my point is that with 4 games, not even 4 FULL games, under his belt to sell him would be stupid, he has not had a chance. You cannot score sitting on the bench.

What does Siberski's strike rate have to do with this? I'd still take Sib over Carroll.

Good-hearted but s*** players can score a few goals was my point - I don't see what quoting Xisco's goal record has to do with the fact that he looked poor when he played and has been seemingly written off.

This is the same as Luque where tv fans who watch people play in foreign leagues clamour for people to be played for no good reason other than they scored a couple of good goals on YouTube - as I said without being privy to training and working with the player on a daily basis I don't see how you can say he more right to play than anyone else.

Tv fans? Oh dear. Let me guess you are at every home game rain or shine? Am I being chastised for watching foreign leagues?

Xisco could have played in Slovakia's second division, my point is that with 4 games, not even 4 FULL games, under his belt to sell him would be stupid, he has not had a chance. You cannot score sitting on the bench.

Fact is, as I keep saying, he must be doing something severely wrong in training. Forget those games he's played in.

Guest LucaAltieri

He's lucky if he gets the honour of doing that.

No - I'm not chastising you for watching foreign leagues - I'm just saying that some of us see NUFC as higher on a list of football priorities than others and  I don't see the desperation which seems to accompany this kind of topic - if he isn't going to make it then as Otter said its in the best interest of everyone if he is sold.

This isn't btw about the Wise setup - I mentioned Luque as another example and I'd also say the Gonzales loan was bad for a number of reasons but from what I saw of him I think he could be a good signing.

I've had the argument on instant judgements before and I do believe in giving people chances but I also think that instinct based on years of watching football can't be discounted either and I don't think the lad will make it.

Guest Heneage

I'm a fan Newcastle are top of my priorities. And its exactly why I don't want us to ship a player out who I believe has a viable future at this club, just for us to keep a player in Carroll who I see with no future.

I'm a fan Newcastle are top of my priorities. And its exactly why I don't want us to ship a player out who I believe has a viable future at this club, just for us to keep a player in Carroll who I see with no future.

Admit it your liking of him has very little to do with football, you have had the hots for him since a lad you knew was snapped in a picture with him. As for Carroll yeah he looks like he may have been found out playing football at the adult level.

I honestly think it's probably a case of  "Well we have 2 untouchable strikers, 2 taget men with vast premiership experience, one I can mould into John Fashanu, the other I can just sell, he's foreign and was shite against Blackburn away"

In an ideal world I'd get rid of both and Shola too - subject to decent replacements of course.

I honestly think it's probably a case of  "Well we have 2 untouchable strikers, 2 taget men with vast premiership experience, one I can mould into John Fashanu, the other I can just sell, he's foreign and was s**** against Blackburn away"

He was shit against Blackburn at home. I think people need to ease up this  foreign tripe before it becomes FACT? Colo plays every game & his English is not meant to be upto much, Bassong has proved himself so he plays.

I honestly think it's probably a case of  "Well we have 2 untouchable strikers, 2 taget men with vast premiership experience, one I can mould into John Fashanu, the other I can just sell, he's foreign and was s**** against Blackburn away"

Agree. Can't see how we're gonna get anywhere near what we paid for him though.

Guest Heneage

Sense.

Nixon, take heed.

So just to clarify you are now comparing the talents of Sibierski a 31 year old French target man nearing the end of his career, with Xisco a Spanish U21 international with his entire career ahead of him? Righto then.

IMO Sibierski did a good solid job, he scored goals, he had good hold up play, and got us points, especially in Europe. Yes he was not technically gifted, but he was never bought to be, he was bought to be a stop gap and that he was. I'm not asking for Xisco to be played because of "Some good Youtube goals" Im asking him to be played, because he's had no chance in the first team, if he'd had 10-15 games and I was quoting goals scored in La Liga your point would hold validity, but for now it does not.

Against Blackburn I'd be willing to bet he covered my ground than anyone else on the pitch and tbh the whole team were absolutely woeful that day. Doesn't mean the lad should never get a look in ever again

Lets have a little vote here....

If you were to choose, would you play Xisco or Carrol?

Xisco for me. The lads in the Spanish U-21's, hes hungry, seems strong, ain't slow, got a good shot on him.

As for Carrol, I don't really like his attitude, everytime I've seen him hes been shit, he doesn't contribute all that much, his passing is suspect...lets face it, has anyone been seriously impressed with him?

I realise they're both young and time will tell but......I'd just love to see more of Xisco, so thats who I'd take a chance with.

I'm not asking for Xisco to be played because of "Some good Youtube goals" Im asking him to be played, because he's had no chance in the first team, if he'd had 10-15 games and I was quoting goals scored in La Liga your point would hold validity, but for now it does not.

That's fair enough but I'd just ask why he deserves a chance in your view?

I'm sure Ranger or Lua Lua could say the same and they've played and done the business at at least reserve team level - maybe Xisco has to do that because based on his brief first team chances he's not ready.

Never seen enough of the lad to judge, so I can't be too upset if he is peddled.

Most people haven't, that's why 90% of this thread is ridiculous.

Against Blackburn I'd be willing to bet he covered my ground than anyone else on the pitch and tbh the whole team were absolutely woeful that day. Doesn't mean the lad should never get a look in ever again

Yeah but can we take you seriously though? You say you saw him last season & he was good, as Depor are hardly on the box & I am doubting you flew out to view him, which game last season did he stand out in. Me personally I would have started with yesterday even if it meant right wing just give him some game time

Here is his record last year:

http://en.worldsoccerstats.com/player/1542

The lad hasn't looked anything special so far but I still think it might be a bit early to give up on him. Watching La Liga last season I saw a striker with lots of quality and determination with bags of potential. Admittedly he was raw, but there was definitely talent there. Needless to say I was excited when we tied him down.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I haven't seen enough of the lad in the English game to compare him to any of our other strikers. What I can say is Xisco in La Liga was significantly better than Ameobi or Carrol in the Premier League, obviously that counts for little, but it does demonstrate he some form of quality. Maybe it would be a sensible move to loan him out to a Championship club to let the lad get some mileage under his belt in the English game?

So if it's not his quality is it his attitude? Well if it's a motivational thing surely that is down to Kinnear to sort out. Maybe like many other of his Spanish compatriots he just doesn't like the country. Many foreigners just don't like the culture, weather, etc. If that is the case then we may well have to cut our losses.

Until we know why Xisco isn't getting a game we can't really pass comment on a decision to keep or sell the lad. However if it is purely down to the lad not adjusting to the English game, I feel it could be a big mistake to let him leave this early

Watching La Liga last season I saw a striker with lots of quality and determination with bags of potential. Admittedly he was raw, but there was definitely talent there.

He scored in 6 games for Depor, Colo scored in 4 games. I would like him to have a run out just to see if he can make it or not but I guess he is not being used so he is fit to be sold, why we are putting him the bench is strange though.