Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Watching La Liga last season I saw a striker with lots of quality and determination with bags of potential. Admittedly he was raw, but there was definitely talent there.

He scored in 6 games for Depor, Colo scored in 4 games. I would like him to have a run out just to see if he can make it or not but I guess he is not being used so he is fit to be sold, why we are putting him the bench is strange though.

Fair comment, he hasn't been prolific, but a goal record isn't everything.

Guest BooBoo

For the record I'd like to see him ahead of Carroll, but since I'm not the manager, and the manager clearly doesn't rate him, we might as well cash in. Otheriwse, he'll stagnate on the bench and we'll end up lucky to get 50% back of what we paid for him.

I think there are decent amount of big teams in the Segunda Division who would be willing to loan him for a fee & then buy if promoted.

Just flicking through the paper copy of The Sunday Sun & it "has learned that only Spanish second Division side Salamanca have expressed an interest in signing Xisco...on loan"

Also has Jose been touted around La Liga, Real Betis & Getafe have expressed an interest with a loan view to perm deal in the summer for £3 million.

Guest deporik

Buying a youngster from any foreign league is always a gamble and I'm not going to say Xisco would be a great hit in the Premiership because no-one can be sure of the future. However, I really don't see how he can be judged after 3-4 games and I don't think a player's attitude changes overnight, so I can't see why anyone has questioned his attitude, when you'd be very hard pushed to find anyone from his Depor/Vecindario days who could/would say anything bad about him.

I've seen him training many times and seen him live quite a lot too and he's an honest, hardworking player, who can hold the ball up well and bring in the attacking midfielders (like with Lafita and Guardado last year). I wouldn't say he was technically brilliant but he's got to be worth a proper look at. Fair enough if you have strikers in real form, no-one should be given a chance for the sake of it but there have been times when he could have been given a go and Kinnear passed up the opportunity.

I could understand Newcastle selling Xisco if they got pretty much everything they paid for him but if they let him go for loads less or failed to sell him and still didn't give him a go, it would just highlight the period of disorganisation running through your club (and Depor know all about that themselves)

We're not doing bad this season; we're currently in the knockout stage of the Uefa Cup with a 2 leg tie with Aalborg to come and we currently sit in 7th place in La Liga (6th if we beat Getafe but it's 1-1 at HT) but if Newcastle wanted to do a swap deal with ANY of our current strikers, I'd think our President/Chairman would bite Kinnears hand off for Xisco.

Buying a youngster from any foreign league is always a gamble and I'm not going to say Xisco would be a great hit in the Premiership because no-one can be sure of the future. However, I really don't see how he can be judged after 3-4 games and I don't think a player's attitude changes overnight, so I can't see why anyone has questioned his attitude, when you'd be very hard pushed to find anyone from his Depor/Vecindario days who could/would say anything bad about him.

I've seen him training many times and seen him live quite a lot too and he's an honest, hardworking player, who can hold the ball up well and bring in the attacking midfielders (like with Lafita and Guardado last year). I wouldn't say he was technically brilliant but he's got to be worth a proper look at. Fair enough if you have strikers in real form, no-one should be given a chance for the sake of it but there have been times when he could have been given a go and Kinnear passed up the opportunity.

I could understand Newcastle selling Xisco if they got pretty much everything they paid for him but if they let him go for loads less or failed to sell him and still didn't give him a go, it would just highlight the period of disorganisation running through your club (and Depor know all about that themselves)

We're not doing bad this season; we're currently in the knockout stage of the Uefa Cup with a 2 leg tie with Aalborg to come and we currently sit in 7th place in La Liga (6th if we beat Getafe but it's 1-1 at HT) but if Newcastle wanted to do a swap deal with ANY of our current strikers, I'd think our President/Chairman would bite Kinnears hand off for Xisco.

Thanks for the first informed opinion on this matter.

Good read. Nice to know yous are doing better since Colo & Xisco have left O0

How well is Guardado playing?

In the fleeting glimpses we've had of him, he looked quick but not great in terms of his touch on the ball. However, what may be keeping him out is his reading of the game. Didn't Kinnear complain that he wasn't making the right runs or taking up the right positions eg not anticipating crosses and so on.

In the fleeting glimpses we've had of him, he looked quick but not great in terms of his touch on the ball. However, what may be keeping him out is his reading of the game. Didn't Kinnear complain that he wasn't making the right runs or taking up the right positions eg not anticipating crosses and so on.

I'd agree Bob, but in the context of his arrival, the atmosphere that followed it and the patched up team he appeared in he didn't stand much of a chance.

Scored a goal mind and certainly looked like a battler.

Nice post, thanks for an informed opinion which sounds very positive.

Sadly Newcastle fans are not noted for thinking things through and knee jerk reactions are a speciality up here.

I'll have an ice cold Estrella Galicia   :booze:

I'd agree Bob, but in the context of his arrival, the atmosphere that followed it and the patched up team he appeared in he didn't stand much of a chance.

Scored a goal mind and certainly looked like a battler.

There didn't seem anything wrong with his attitude, I'd agree. He was keen to get involved.

Kinnear obviously isn't at all impressed with what he's showing in training. That may be only partly to do with ability and more to do with his understanding of what's expected of him.

Either way, I wouldn't be worried about him going. We've got other target men in Shola, Viduka and Carroll, and I don't think we'd be letting a Vieri or a Torres slip through our hands.

Guest deporik

To be honest, I'm surprised we're doing as well as we are after those departures. I'm not getting too carried away though as we face a pretty tough January with 3 games against Sevilla (2 cup), away trips to both Barca and Real Madrid and a home game against Villarreal on that last weekend. (Plus another 2 games against Valencia in the cup if we get past Sevilla)

Guardado and Lafita have both done brilliantly so far this year, which probably means they'll be sold soon  :dave:

The trouble with selling to English clubs (from our perspective) is that even if we could buy back for around the same money, we couldn't really afford the wages which seem to multiply once a player sets foot in a Premiership club. As much as I'd like to see Xisco back at Depor, I really can't see it happening as the debts at our club have forced us into a selling club. I'd be surprised if Xisco would go to a Segunda club and even more surprised if they could afford him. I reckon if you do sell him, it would be to a midtable Spanish club and as a Mallorcan, he might fancy a move back there if Freddy Shepherd pulls his finger out and buys the island club.

How do you know about Estrella Galicia, Benwell Lad??? You have somewhere in Newcastle that sells it? Talking of beers, you need to

I'd like to hear the scouts report on him, and what we seen in the lad to make us bid what we did to sign him.

I'd prefer to know how much the manager wanted to sign him

from the limited viewings i've had of both players, xisco is definitly worth a go infront of carroll

I have that feeling as well. Carroll doesn't look like a goal scorer, I think Joe likes him because he's big and strong. Xisco looks less physical but he looks like he might have more quality around the penalty area. Hard to tell from a couple of brief outings, but I'd like to see him in a decent side before i write him off.

not just the goals but all round play

Agreed. He's no Viduka but he looks a bit more polished than Carroll. I wouldn't have even minded seeing him alongside Carroll for the last 10 mins with the wingers firing a few crosses in.

Comparing Xisco with Carroll is like comparing a Lada with a Reliant Kitten.

You almost literally took the words out of my mouth, only it was the Reliant Robin I was going to use..!!!

To be honest, I'm surprised we're doing as well as we are after those departures. I'm not getting too carried away though as we face a pretty tough January with 3 games against Sevilla (2 cup), away trips to both Barca and Real Madrid and a home game against Villarreal on that last weekend. (Plus another 2 games against Valencia in the cup if we get past Sevilla)

Guardado and Lafita have both done brilliantly so far this year, which probably means they'll be sold soon  :dave:

The trouble with selling to English clubs (from our perspective) is that even if we could buy back for around the same money, we couldn't really afford the wages which seem to multiply once a player sets foot in a Premiership club. As much as I'd like to see Xisco back at Depor, I really can't see it happening as the debts at our club have forced us into a selling club. I'd be surprised if Xisco would go to a Segunda club and even more surprised if they could afford him. I reckon if you do sell him, it would be to a midtable Spanish club and as a Mallorcan, he might fancy a move back there if Freddy Shepherd pulls his finger out and buys the island club.

How do you know about Estrella Galicia, Benwell Lad??? You have somewhere in Newcastle that sells it? Talking of beers, you need to

I haven't seen it in Newcastle, although you can buy just about every other beer on the planet nowadays.

I have drank it during visits to Galicia, ( mainly Vigo :-[ ) and enjoyed the food too.  A beautiful part of the world, but I laugh when people say "will Spanish players cope with the English climate ?"  -  your weather is nearly as bad as ours !

If that's true then I'd like to ask him why he loves Shola so much.  Not having the basic aptitude of a striker is what has made him stand out from his peers!  :cheesy:

I haven't seen it in Newcastle, although you can buy just about every other beer on the planet nowadays.

I have drank it during visits to Galicia, ( mainly Vigo :-[ ) and enjoyed the food too.  A beautiful part of the world, but I laugh when people say "will Spanish players cope with the English climate ?"  -  your weather is nearly as bad as ours !

i think they might have it in tilley's...

i asked for a an estrella there (meaning estrella damn barcelona in bottle) and the fella at the bar asked which estrella i wanted bottle or from tap, and i pointed to the bottles to what i wanted, but for the one on tap he might have meant estrella galicia, not sure cos i was canny wankered at the time but it's worth asking if you're in there :)

i think they might have it in tilley's...

i asked for a an estrella there (meaning estrella damn barcelona in bottle) and the fella at the bar asked which estrella i wanted bottle or from tap, and i pointed to the bottles to what i wanted, but for the one on tap he might have meant estrella galicia, not sure cos i was canny wankered at the time but it's worth asking if you're in there :)

Cheers mate, if it's the real stuff and not brewed under licence in Milton Keynes it'll be worth asking for.

possibly already mentioned but would xisco not fall foul of the "no more than 2 clubs in a year rule" ?

It's that he can't play for 3 clubs in a year but yes, I guess he will unless they can get special dispensation, I'm sure Liverpool had to for Mascherano.

Arsenal managed it for Henry

possibly already mentioned but would xisco not fall foul of the "no more than 2 clubs in a year rule" ?

It's that he can't play for 3 clubs in a year but yes, I guess he will unless they can get special dispensation, I'm sure Liverpool had to for Mascherano.

Arsenal managed it for Henry

Wasn't even in place at the time iirc.