Geordie Mafia IN!

TRon

Now is the time for local businesses to pool together. Peter Lee and other piss takers interested parties have failed to materialise. Surely with clubs selling tuppence ha'penny now is a good time to buy in to Newcastle United for local consortiums?

A pool of Freddie Shepherd, The Halls, NUSC, Sting, Greggs bakeries, The Irish Bar?

The time is now IMO. Why are we dependent on Cockney mafia when we can call on our own folk?

Nice idea Tron. I think with the Greggs thing you're on to something, they could be the sponsors but instead of putting their brand name we could have a corned beef pastie on the shirts. Better still, pastie crumbs. Perhaps reserve that for a special year, a bit like with Barcelona and Unicef.

Is Sting a Newcastle fan?

What about Ian Le Frenais? I reckon he's fucking loaded.

Anyway, bollocks to local owners. If that was the vogue, we'd be owned by Black Sabbath or something.

Actually, that sounds quite cool.

Guest black n white

...and if they make an honest mistake are we going to attempt to chase them out of the club even though they're not the only party in the wrong.

there was nothing honest about their mistake idiotic yes

Lets build a barracade around the city and never let anyone from outside newcastle in, maybe burn any newcastle fan that wasn't born within 50 miles of the city, ok 40.

Rich People from newcastle = perfect owner of the club.

I know I'm dramatising your point to the full, but what makes you think said people would be perfect for the job, if anything wouldn't their natural bias blind them and be more of a liability?

thomas said it best.

The best person to run the club is the best person to run the club, wherever they're from. 

Chance geographical birth location should be an interesting bit of minutiae, not a requirement. 

Guest black n white

should merge the 2 banners make a huge one and hang it from the tyne bridge

or the angel or both

I can think of something that needs hanging from the Tyne Bridge.

good for you

...and if they make an honest mistake are we going to attempt to chase them out of the club even though they're not the only party in the wrong.

there was nothing honest about their mistake idiotic yes

You can argue that an idiotic mistake can still be an honest mistake.

I suppose it depends which indviduals fall into the "cockney mafia" bracket. It appeared as though different parties made different degrees of mistake.

Guest black n white

Lets build a barracade around the city and never let anyone from outside newcastle in, maybe burn any newcastle fan that wasn't born within 50 miles of the city, ok 40.

I know I'm dramatising your point to the full, but what makes you think said people would be perfect for the job, if anything wouldn't their natural bias blind them and be more of a liability?

thomas said it best.

The best person to run the club is the best person to run the club, wherever they're from. 

Chance geographical birth location should be an interesting bit of minutiae, not a requirement. 

the best person to run the club is obviously the person that wants the best for the club

thomas said it best.

Are you in or out?

thomas said it best.

the best person to run the club is obviously the person that wants the best for the club

which was the thinking behind Roeders stunning spell in charge.

thomas said it best.

Are you in or out?

I'll shake it all about if you don't mind.

If the said people had enough money/experience/commitment/vision/nouse to make a success of it, its a bonus if they are Geordie owners. Sounds more like too many cooks spoiling the broth for me though.

A massive problem with the current crop is between them they had no experience of running a football club. Somewhere within the board room there needs to be someone who has been there and done it. A room full of businessmen would probably result in similarly disaterous consequences that we're experiencing at the minute.