Pre Match - Newcastle United vs West Ham Utd - Sat 10th Jan @ 15:00

Skirge

Wouldn't play Geremi in the middle of the park.  Geremi/Duff - Guthrie - Zog - Jonas. 

Don't care if it's lightweight, the only thing Geremi brings to the table is being a better pass/cross than Butt, other than that he's just as slow.  He would be walked around by West Ham like Butt was by Hull City. 

Zog might not be the most physical but he'd at least close down quicker and be able to be released on the counter. 

Wouldn't play Gere in the middle of the park.  Gere/Duff - Guthrie - Zog - Jonas.  Don't care if it's lightweight, the only thing geremi brings to the table is a better pass/cross than Butt, other than that he's just as slow.  Would be walked around by West Ham like Butt was yesterday.  Zog might not be the most physical but he'd at least close down quicker and be able to be released on the counter. 

I do like Jonas ont he elft he seems to like it more too and Zoggy does prefer a CM role.

Maybe this?

Duff-----Guth------Zoggy-----Jonas

Wouldn't play Geremi in the middle of the park.  Geremi/Duff - Guthrie - Zog - Jonas. 

Don't care if it's lightweight, the only thing Geremi brings to the table is being a better pass/cross than Butt, other than that he's just as slow.  He would be walked around by West Ham like Butt was by Hull City. 

Zog might not be the most physical but he'd at least close down quicker and be able to be released on the counter. 

Zog went off with a hamstring injury, I doubt he'll be available next week.

official site say he should be fine for the Hammers visit.

Zog Fitness Hope For Hammers

French winger should be OK for next weekend after limping off at Hull

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsIndex/0,,10278,00.html

fuck me I completely forgot   :blush:  Didn't know if it was serious or not. 

sounds like he got a dead leg according to the quote from Skirge's link. Great news if he's fit.

I like Rafa's 4-2-3-1 formation, 2 holding midfield players really does work for them, ofcourse they have Gerrard to back up the lone striker..

-----------------Given

Tyal--------Colo-------Bass-------Jose

---------Guth---------------Gere

----Jonas-------Zoggy------------Duff

------------------Owen

Bloody Hell! This one's a bit early.  We don't even know which players will be here yet.  Well, still here........

Aye a lot can happen in 6 days :D  well we can lose 6 players in 6 days and sign non.

I like Rafa's 4-2-3-1 formation, 2 holding midfield players really does work for them, ofcourse they have Gerrard to back up the lone striker..

-----------------Given

------------------Owen

Nice idea but I'm not sure Owen has the game to play as a lone striker. Martins would be a better bet if were were going down that route.

-----------------Given

------------------Owen

Nice idea but I'm not sure Owen has the game to play as a lone striker. Martins would be a better bet if were were going down that route.

Yeah I was only looking at that if Oba was still out, Owen could play that role with a clever enough player int he Gerrard role , maybe Zoggy could do it in the middle where he likes to play and nice and forward so less pressure on him to get back and help out.

Guest BooBoo

Would that mean Taylor and Cacapa as a centre back pairing?

No thank you.

taylor and seb

Who'd play right back?