Pre Match - Newcastle United vs West Ham Utd - Sat 10th Jan @ 15:00

Skirge

"Big Andy did very well at Hull and was always a handful," said Joe.

"I was pleased for him as well because he's worked extremely hard to get the opportunity.

"And he will now start in the next two games."

So even if he's fucking shit against West Ham and doesn't get near the ball once, he'll start against Hull? What a load of bollocks. Shut the fuck up, Kinnear.

He's just trying to give Carroll a boost, don't see any reason for criticism.

The thing is though, he's been banging on about the kids getting a chance. Saying this is hardly giving them a boost, is it? It only benefits Carroll.

I think it is pretty clear that man management and media skills are not Joe Kinnears strengths. He comes across as a clown during most interviews and just doesn't think it would seem. Firstly, Carroll will be starting the next two games, so Xisco has no chance of playing, but I thought Martins might not need the operation according to JK so he could be fit, but he does need one in a statement released by the club. Then he said a few weeks back that Given was the better keeper out of him and Harper (I would agree with that), but what if Given does leave? Harper will know that Kinnear doesn't have that much faith in him.

Guest toonlass

Was JfK watching the same Hull game as me? Andy Carroll was mostly annonymous throughout. WTF is going on at this club. Has Xisco been caught with a sunderland shirt on under his training gear? Why not give the lad a chance? Carroll has never shown anything that convinces me that he is a premiership class footballer. I am hoping beyond hope that these two games coming up will prove me wrong, but what the hell is going on?

Was JfK watching the same Hull game as me? Andy Carroll was mostly annonymous throughout. WTF is going on at this club. Has Xisco been caught with a sunderland shirt on under his training gear? Why not give the lad a chance? Carroll has never shown anything that convinces me that he is a premiership class footballer. I am hoping beyond hope that these two games coming up will prove me wrong, but what the hell is going on?

There is a saying that what goes up must come down. The question here is if Newcastle United can sometime soon reverse the downward spiral that is taking the club deeper and deeped into the shit? On a more positive note.....I think Carroll deserves more than one game before he is slaughtered, I mean on another day he would have scored that header at Hull and everyone would priase him.

Come on, lift the toon on Sat!!  :clap2: Scoreline: the infamous 2-2

There is a saying that what goes up must come down. The question here is if Newcastle United can sometime soon reverse the downward spiral that is taking the club deeper and deeped into the shit? On a more positive note.....I think Carroll deserves more than one game before he is slaughtered, I mean on another day he would have scored that header at Hull and everyone would priase him.

Come on, lift the toon on Sat!!  :clap2: Scoreline: the infamous 2-2

Nothing wrong with giving Carroll a timely booster but if in the same breath you are going to say Carroll and Owen are our only two fit strikers, then obviously you are going to look clueless. I'm assuming Xisco is still fit and available here btw. It might well be that Carroll is the better bet to start but what purpose does it serve to treat Xisco like a leper?

Guest Stephen927

You do have to wonder what Xisco has done wrong. Signed for £5m, scored on his debut, suffered an injury and now he's back and fit he still can't get much of a look-in.

I agree,Carroll looked totally out of his depth against Hull.

Guest BooBoo

Geordies Will Be Our 12th Man - Joe

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear has sent a rallying message to the Toon Army ahead of this weekend's Gallowgate showdown with West Ham  - "We need you more than ever!"

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1512539,00.html

Fucking patronising.

Is it really? Its the usual spiel that all the managers come out with.

You want patronising twaddle, just have a quick recap of Keegans nonsense of "People in the North like football, People in the South like going to the Theatre".

I've got no issue with the rallying cry to the fans, but the 'injury excuse before we've even played the game' is a bit of a concern. We're missing two or three important figures, but we've got more than enough quality to beat West Ham on Saturday.

Guest toonlass

Geordies Will Be Our 12th Man - Joe

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear has sent a rallying message to the Toon Army ahead of this weekend's Gallowgate showdown with West Ham  - "We need you more than ever!"

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1512539,00.html

Fucking patronising.

Is it really? Its the usual spiel that all the managers come out with.

You want patronising twaddle, just have a quick recap of Keegans nonsense of "People in the North like football, People in the South like going to the Theatre".

I don't think most of the fans need telling that we need to get behind the team though. We realise that we are down to nowt squad wise, we are trying to cheer on the lads, but they have a duty to us too. They need to be putting a hell of a lot more effort in on the field imo. Michael Owen and Andy Carroll will probably be our strikers on Saturday and we need to see more out of them for a start.

From .com:

NUFC: to follow...Nicky Butt sits this one out, after receiving an automatic one-game ban following his fifth booking of the season, incurred at Hull. Jonas Gutierrez is one booking away from a one-game ban.

Charles N'Zogbia is expected to be OK after limping off at the KC Stadium with a dead leg, but there's an illness doubt over Danny Guthrie, with Cacapa on standby.

Barton, Beye, Gonzalez, Martins, Smith & Viduka remain sidelined, while Ameobi, Cacapa and Xisco aren't expected to feature - whether named on the bench or not....

Cacapa and Geremi in centre midfield would be like watching disabled twins

Guest BooBoo

I've got no issue with the rallying cry to the fans, but the 'injury excuse before we've even played the game' is a bit of a concern. We're missing two or three important figures, but we've got more than enough quality to beat West Ham on Saturday.

I'm convinced we'll get turned over on Saturday. I think Kinnear realises the squad is on its arse, hence laying the foundations for excuses nice and early.

I'm convinced we'll get turned over on Saturday. I think Kinnear realises the squad is on its arse, hence laying the foundations for excuses nice and early.

Is it though, to be fair? :undecided: Of all those unavailable on Saturday... i'm particularly bothered about two - Beye and Martins.

Aside from those two, we're missing: Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, Nacho Gonzalez*, Mark Viduka, Joey Barton*, Shola Ameobi... i mean, how many of them would you have in the first choice eleven? Don't think i'd have any if i'm honest. Aye it's a significant number missing but the first team isn't as heavily affected as it was against Liverpool. If Kinnear gets it right then the lads should have no trouble against distinctly poxy West Ham outfit.

*are they even worth counting? Like i've said elsewhere about him, Barton's less reliable than Emre was.

Wasn't Cacapa supposed to be out long term? Or was that just an excuse for him being turbo s***. Kazenga time?

Kinnear said he was.

Cacapa actually got an assist away at West Ham!

With what JK has to choose from I think we will be lucky to get a point out of this one, I was hoping City would have signed the Hammers top players by now..

Argh! We've almost got our first team fit, man. Like i've said, i know there's a lot missing - but who's bothered about the majority of them lot?

Excuses already. Reeks of Souness.

If we don't win on Saturday it's a fucking joke.

If we play Cacapa and Geremi in centre mid, it makes one of the most important areas of the team very very weak. Noble and Parker (if he's still willing to play for West Ham) will over run them easily. Then up front we have Andy Carroll against Matthew Upson. Hopefully Bellamy can't be arsed but we have fuck all in the way of options.

Wasn't Cacapa supposed to be out long term? Or was that just an excuse for him being turbo s***. Kazenga time?

Kinnear said he was.

Cacapa actually got an assist away at West Ham!

I thought that was Geremi...like I said earlier....TWINS BASIL

With what JK has to choose from I think we will be lucky to get a point out of this one, I was hoping City would have signed the Hammers top players by now..

Argh! We've almost got our first team fit, man. Like i've said, i know there's a lot missing - but who's bothered about the majority of them lot?

Excuses already. Reeks of Souness.

If we don't win on Saturday it's a f***ing joke.

Beye and Martins missing is a disaster for us, if Guthrie misses out to then we are well fkd, again a few injuries really shoiws up how weak our squad is.