Pre Match - Newcastle United vs West Ham Utd - Sat 10th Jan @ 15:00

Skirge

Granted, will be a big loss if Guthrie's out aswell. If he isn't though, we should have more than enough delivery and creativity about us to grab a couple of goals without Martins. Shame it's not going to be Jonas/Zog with Duff just off Owen, but who knows, Carroll might be feeling confident and get a buzz out of his first home start. Dunno. I'm feeling fairly confident though.

Thinking about it:

Carroll and Owen up front is as good as confirmed.

N'Zogbia, Duff, Jonas, Geremi, Guthrie(Cacapa) are the midfield options - surely if Cacapa is as fucked as he's meant to be and Guthrie is ill, Zog will play in centre mid? I know Zog's had an injury but if one of Duff/Jonas/Zog is on the bench and fucking Cacapa is in centre midfield I think that'd be fucking stupid.

Guest Stephen927

Kinnear has already mentioned N'Zogbia as a possibility through the middle, he should opt for him over Cacapa but you never know.

It makes me want to cry eveytime I see Cacapa on the pitch, he should never have tried to adapt to the prem at his age.  You can see that he was once a decent player but christ, he plays like he's about 60 and smokes 40 senior service a day and washes it down with a  pint of gravy.

What's Taylor's excuse though?

It makes me want to cry eveytime I see Cacapa on the pitch, he should never have tried to adapt to the prem at his age.  You can see that he was once a decent player but christ, he plays like he's about 60 and smokes 40 senior service a day and washes it down with a  pint of gravy.

What's Taylor's excuse though?

He doesn't have one he's just crap.

As usual, a massive game for NUFC. But from now till the end of season, any game against anyone other than the top 4 (ok, top 3 + Arsenal and ASTON VILLA ZOMFG1!!11!!!) is seemingly huge.

I'll be interested to see what effect all the transfers rumours have on West Ham. With speculation that, essentially, their best players are all leaving, can they really keep it together and NOT get pulled deeper into a relegation battle? I worry for them, along with Pompey. Those are the 2 that in particular, I can see going into freefall. But then again such is the tight nature in the lower half, any one from 10+ teams can be in the same boat.

For Newcastle, I think it's all about the supply line from the midfield, to Owen. I just have a funny feeling Mr Owen will get on the scoresheet tomorrow. An apparently disgruntled N'Zogbia won't help proceedings, which is why Jonas will need to have a good game. I've seen a bit of a split emerge on this forum recently, with the crux of the divide centering on whether he really is that good. These are the sorts of games he needs to prove it. Get hold of the ball, unlock the defence, cause panic for their defenders with his crossing, passing, and running. There's no doubt he has the talent, but he needs to really start dominating games in the way his potential hints that he can.

If Guthrie's back, that's a huge boost. I've been quietly impressed with him, and when I took the chance to actually watch him in games his intelligence and movement to give the defence an option, is simple but essential. This allows the ball to stay on the ground a bit more. Who will be alongside Guthrie if he's fit? If it's Geremi, I can see that partnership working, as long as they don't get bullied. They strike me as 2 smart, tidy players but will either really be an enforcer in the middle of the pitch, stamp his mark on the game and win that central battle? One of them will have to.

My prediction is a home win. That's a bit of my heart and not all of my head, but I think home advantage will push Newcastle over the line, providing the fans get right behind them and don't give up if things start going wrong/annoying/boring. Could be a case of a 2nd half show, with JK shoving a varying quantity of rockets up players' arses at half-time.

2-1.

Home game for us

They beat us already this season

They have won the last 4 or 5

Can only see a win for us tbh, they are due to lose.

They've won their last 3, but one of them was against Barnsley in the cup.  They actually have exactly the same number of points from there last 5 games as we have (7 points).