Does Ashley want us relegated?

jackyboy

I've been thinking about this scenario for some weeks now and I just wonder.  Ashley has the reputation of being a really hard headed ruthless buisness man who steamrollers his way through deals.

Now, he has tried to sell the club and had he done so at his price of circa 4mil he could have stuck two fingers up to the geordie supporters saying  'I've made 200mil out of you lot'. Unfortunately for him that has not happened so he is left with the club.  I just wonder if he is hard headed enough to run the club into the ground thinking 'I'll teach those  geordie bastards not to tell me what to do'

Okay, so he gets a 100mil less for the club but  whats a 100mil to him.  His Sports Direct have shown big increase in sales and profits despite the credit crunch, they also made £30mil on currency trading.

It worries me that this man is self centred enough to do this and destroy our club for many years to come. If he comes up with big changes and big money this month then that may convince me otherwise but at the moment I don't see it happening

It has crossed my mind. The lack of communication, the "manager", Barry Ferguson, Leroy Lita!!!

On the other side of the argument, 100 Million plus is a huge price to pay to piss a few people off!! We'd be worth a lot less in the championship and I reckon that would make us a more attractive Long Term investment.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have thought about the possibility of him running us into the championship, getting rid of all the top earners, and starting from scratch, when he can have full control of who is put on what!

I quickly snapped out of it though :)

This forum has hit a new low.

Explain how it's the fault of the forum please.

Members of this forum think the club's owner wants it to get relegated. A thread on this forum exists to present these viewpoints. It's a minority, granted. It was a dig at the fact things have gotten so bad that people are coming up with stuff like this, nothing more.

Members of this forum think the club's owner wants it to get relegated. A thread on this forum exists to present these viewpoints. It's a minority, granted.

One person's opinion. Should I ban him? :rolleyes:

Members of this forum think the club's owner wants it to get relegated. A thread on this forum exists to present these viewpoints. It's a minority, granted.

Stop being so defensive. I attacked the minority, not the forum in general.

Stop being so defensive. I attacked the minority, not the forum in general.

Very ironic. :razz:

PS - stop editing! That's my thing.

Aye because we all know, what makes a successful businessman is one who deliberately makes his businesses fail so that despite losing lots of money, he gets one over on the customers that don't like him :thup:

fucking hell.

As little as I think of Mike Ashley's suitability of running a football club, I would say that it would be insanity for him to be trying to relegate us deliberately.  In the current economic climate he could be putting his future at risk as well as ours by deliberately 'killing' one of his highest profile assets.