PS3 Blu Ray Remote (Sony Official One)

Guest Taff

Ok, so what's the crack with these then. I was going to get one before Christmas for around the RRP of £13-£16. Now I have been on Amazon & play and they have gone up to £40!! ... What's all that about, they have never been that much, all of a sudden the have quadrupled in price!

:frantic:

Saw them in HMV (metro) the other week but maybe they've all gone now. Can only think there must be a new model on the way as no shops seem to be getting any more stock in. The new one probably has buttons for that Play TV thing or something.

Don't see the point at all now wireless pads are standard.

Ye I agree, it was for a mate in work. We aere arguing y'day regarding this subject as I told him they were only about £15, he wasn't having it. Like someone mentioned above I can only assume that the price increase is due to it being a new model, although I wasn't aware one had been released.

I can only talk in an xbox stylie, but surely leaving an xbox controller on all the time is a bigger battery killer?.. and that they time out after 15mins (or so) of inactivity too? not great for films.

dunno if these controllers are same too.

Good point indeed... Only the other night I was watching 300 and needed to pause but when I tried to put the controller back on it was giving me the old '4 button flash' and wouldn't reconnect so I couldn't go to the toilet as the film as so good  :frantic:

With that in mind, I'm going to buy one  :shifty:

I can only talk in an xbox stylie, but surely leaving an xbox controller on all the time is a bigger battery killer?.. and that they time out after 15mins (or so) of inactivity too? not great for films.

No the playstation ones dont time out when watching a video/ blu ray or dvd.

They can do - it depends whether you've got the setting to tell them to auto off after a time of inactivity.

Mine does... Didn't know you could change it, will have to look into that!

Yea it should be off by default. Mine is set to turn off after 15 mins. Tbh its not that bad takes 5 seconds to reconnect then you can pause it etc.

True, I changed it last night. Then I realised I had actually changed it to power save myself some time ago!  :idiot2: