3 year season ticket

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dont know the validity of the information but think it is important for people to have the opportunity to do it if they so want to. I suppose the only way to find out is to call the number

Mods, please delete if constitutes forwarding misinformation!

http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=

Not sure if this is common knowledge but came courtesy of one our lads on site..

right lads ive just put the phone down after talking to the box office and we are not legally bound to the 3 year `offer`, but if you want to cancel and not have your season ticket for this year cancelled you have to do the following:

1, ring box office and inform them of your intentions and pay the discount back you got for this year (mines £49 in the SW corner) before 1st Feb

2, cancel your DD at your bank (just incase)

3, get a reference No` in case of confusion

the lad on the phone was very helpful and very understanding and pointed out that if you did cancel it will NOT affect them sending out your normal offer of renewal in june

I hope this helps and why would we want to show comittment to an owner that doesnt even have the decency to open dialog with his customers and show the comittment he has expected of us.

0191 2611571 before feb 1st and repay your discount.

Maybe suggest telling plenty of people..

bear in mind that at the end of the season, you will probably renew anyway. most people on here seem to be complaining about the standard of football and how you are going to cancel, but when it comes to the end of the season, you will renew as you have done every other year because you are fans and its just natural to. cancelling then renewing gives ashley even more wad i imagine. all im saying is think carefully

fair do's like, i'd be spewing if i'd done that. i totally would have if i'd had access to the funds aswell

i suppose you would be pissed if you were only intenting on going when things were going well

Guest toonlass

I bet all those who stated (some on tv) back in September that they were going to cancel their tickets don't like.

bear in mind that at the end of the season, you will probably renew anyway. most people on here seem to be complaining about the standard of football and how you are going to cancel, but when it comes to the end of the season, you will renew as you have done every other year because you are fans and its just natural to. cancelling then renewing gives ashley even more wad i imagine. all im saying is think carefully

I'm going to cancel mine if the Club don't make significant moves in the January window.

I wont be letting Ashley earn interest off my money if he isn't prepared to invest himself.

current economic climate he wont be making much interest!!  :snod:

etc. etc.

Probably invested in Hungarian treasury bills, they've just "slashed" the interest rates to a miserly 9.5%

Guest jonlane86

am I the only one who realises that Mike Ashley can't make money out of the club, and he is actually paying money out of his own pocked to help fund our current survival?

fair do's like, i'd be spewing if i'd done that. i totally would have if i'd had access to the funds aswell

i suppose you would be pissed if you were only intenting on going when things were going well

i dont intenD to give ashley any more of my money if he intenDs to employ such a woeful manager, whether things go well or not.

am I the only one who realises that Mike Ashley can't make money out of the club, and he is actually paying money out of his own pocked to help fund our current survival?

Could you expand on that please as the majority view of Newcastle fans seems to be that every move amde by Ashley is to line his pockets, buying players who's value will increase in order to sell them on at a profit being a prime example.

I'm going to cancel mine if the Club don't make significant moves in the January window.

I wont be letting Ashley earn interest off my money if he isn't prepared to invest himself.

If I was in the UK, I would too - its time for the club to EARN its support.

i dont intenD to give ashley any more of my money if he intenDs to employ such a woeful manager, whether things go well or not.

all i was meaning was that id imagine most people who signed up for the 3 year deal were planning on keeping on going whatever the future brings, i personally didnt just pay up for 3 years on the back of Keegan having a OK run of results at the end of the season.

i dont particularly like the owner of my local and hes spent fuck all on the decor but its not gonna stop me doing something i enjoy.

all i was meaning was that id imagine most people who signed up for the 3 year deal were planning on keeping on going whatever the future brings, i personally didnt just pay up for 3 years on the back of Keegan having a OK run of results at the end of the season.

i dont particularly like the owner of my local and hes spent fuck all on the decor but its not gonna stop me doing something i enjoy.

bad analogy imo. football transcends most other things, its not like going to a pub, if the pub's not as good as you expect its disappointing but it doesnt affect you in the way it affects you if your team are terrible, you can choose another local, you cant choose another football team. as the owner of nufc he's a got responsibilities, and one of them is to make sure kinnear isnt our manager next season, and thats me already giving him massive leeway over the current state of affairs.

Well there at least 2

I paid upfront but agonised over the motives of such a scheme at the time - wondering what would happen in the next few years if there was no season ticket money coming because it had been paid in advance.  I then decided at that point that I could afford it and as my job situation might change in the next few years, at least I knew that I could still go to the match.  Although, I still feel uncomfortable about the whole thing, I won't be cancelling.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know the validity of the information but think it is important for people to have the opportunity to do it if they so want to. I suppose the only way to find out is to call the number

Mods, please delete if constitutes forwarding misinformation!

http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=

Not sure if this is common knowledge but came courtesy of one our lads on site..

right lads ive just put the phone down after talking to the box office and we are not legally bound to the 3 year `offer`, but if you want to cancel and not have your season ticket for this year cancelled you have to do the following:

1, ring box office and inform them of your intentions and pay the discount back you got for this year (mines £49 in the SW corner) before 1st Feb

2, cancel your DD at your bank (just incase)

3, get a reference No` in case of confusion

the lad on the phone was very helpful and very understanding and pointed out that if you did cancel it will NOT affect them sending out your normal offer of renewal in june

I hope this helps and why would we want to show comittment to an owner that doesnt even have the decency to open dialog with his customers and show the comittment he has expected of us.

0191 2611571 before feb 1st and repay your discount.

Maybe suggest telling plenty of people..

Having paid up front last year on Direct Debit for this season (the offer that gave us free cup games) surely I should not have to pay extra if I cancel as this was all bought and paid for before the 450/500/550 carry on this summer?

I paid upfront but agonised over the motives of such a scheme at the time - wondering what would happen in the next few years if there was no season ticket money coming because it had been paid in advance.  I then decided at that point that I could afford it and as my job situation might change in the next few years, at least I knew that I could still go to the match.  Although, I still feel uncomfortable about the whole thing, I won't be cancelling.

I doubt the 'point' of the 3 year scheme from the clubs point of view isn't to build a warchest for this summer and leave no cash for next etc.

Its purely a way of guaranteeing an income stream for a longer period than the current one year season ticket

Im posting this here cos I know alot of people dont check the ticket exchange.Anyways theres 7 of us going over to Everton match so I bought 4 memberships just to make sure we are all seated together with decent seats.But It will only let me buy 2 tickets!Can anyone help? :thup: