Incoming funds

Yorkie

It's been said in other threads that if we have a significant funds this window, obtained through whatever means, they'd like to see it pumped straight into the squad. However, i'm actually unsure. I don't know if i trust Joe Kinnear with the money. For those who want to see us go out and spend this transfer window, do you actually trust Kinnear to get the right players, then? I know we're short in a few areas - and we're particularly fucked if both our wingbacks are out (as we've noticed), but games like the one vs Liverpool come around rarely. I am of the opinion that if Kinnear cannot keep this team/squad of individuals up, then he won't keep up the one he personally builds. So what's the point in giving him a load of cash?

I know the whole thing about Ashley only giving him £6m is a bad sign for the future, it kinda confirms his unwillingness to pump money into the side. Or does it? Does Ashley know that Kinnear is a bit of a cretin in the transfer market (his record signing being Hartson at £7.5m), so he's just not letting him build a shite team (Barry Ferguson ffs?)?

A couple of loans here and there would see me satisfied, tbh. I have virtually no faith in this manager and we have a good team.

Do you seriously think if Ashley never put the club up for sale Kinnear would have been his man?

No i don't, i think if the episodes at the home Hull game - etc - had never happened, we'd be sat here discussing a different manager and be mightily confused at any mention of this 'Joe Kinnear'... but i'm not sure what your point is.

Guest Jawesome

Do you seriously think if Ashley never put the club up for sale Kinnear would have been his man?

No i don't, i think if the episodes at the home Hull game - etc - had never happened, we'd be sat here discussing a different manager and be mightily confused at any mention of this 'Joe Kinnear'... but i'm not sure what your point is.

Maybe if Ashley had appointed his own man (again) he might offer a decent transfer budget.

Kinnear will probably only be given funds for players the Director of Football is willing to bring in anyway. I think Dennis Wise is capable of bringing in good players, and I think both he and even Kinnear know we need a better CM.

Maybe if Ashley had appointed his own man (again) he might offer a decent transfer budget.

Well yeah, that's generally related to my point in the second paragraph.

:colo:kinnear should only be allowed to buy players for the future....

if ashley did it right he should have a plan for next season by now. he should find our new manager asap so he could help preparing for next season. Kinnear should accept his role as caretaker and try to build our side around players which will be 1st team players in years to come! players like given, colo, bassong, jonas and martins. Signing B. ferguson will show us that the club still is and will be f.cked. ferguson will be another smith, duff, butt, geremi which adds "nothing" to a already weak midfield that creates zero.

Guest Jawesome

Well yeah, that's generally related to my point in the second paragraph.

Maybe I should read more than the first two lines from time to time.

:lol:

It's been said already, but any players brought in will have to be approved by Wise - and more than likely they'll be his players in any case, so there's no reason not expect new signings. It wouldn't surprise me if Kinnear's being told he has to sell to buy, and then he watches dumbfounded as Wise's players are brought in over his head for good money.

If Ashley doesn't spend in this window he's not only risking relegation, he's in danger of making the club look 2nd rate. That will make it harder to sign decent players or a good manager, and it will disillusion the players we already have. Not that I'd lose sleep over most of them packing their bags overpaid tossers that they are.

Guest Stephen927

Ideally the only deals we'll be doing is bringing players in on loan.

Kinnear isn't here long-term in my eyes, so would be foolish for him to mess about with the current team too much.

Like the last time?