Gavin and Stacey

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone else like it?

I've seen adverts for it for ages and always thought it looked shit, then I watched it and its actually ruddy bloody good.

Class man. But I would say that!

No seriously, unless you've been to Wales I'm not sure if it would be as funny. And especially Barry, where I have been loads of times and that's where it's filmed, hell hole of a place. I've met the cast a few times, when filing they always seem to be in the cinema down Cardiff Bay while they are filming.

Guest lankybellwipe

The bits I've seen have been canny shite.

Is this the one starring LBW?

How dare you put those sentences in the same quote, you cheeky twaaaaaaat!

I like it. It's a bit obvious, but it's decent entertaining and there are some hilarious moments. The Christmas special was canny too, thought the ending was a bit naff though, there's got to be another series.

Guest firetotheworks

Never seen an episode, always wanted to get into it but I don't want to start with the christmas special.

Series one episode one and two are on iplayer at the moment.

I like it. It's a bit obvious, but it's decent entertaining and there are some hilarious moments. The Christmas special was canny too, thought the ending was a bit naff though, there's got to be another series.

They have already started filming I think, I seem Smithy in Cardiff last week which usually means they are filming. I know a third series has been commissioned by the BBC.

Unfortunatally I missed the Christmas special due to alcohol consumption (for a change!).

Guest firetotheworks

This is one of those shows that becomes massive, yet I just dont find it funny. This, Little Britain, Catherine Tate etc, just not funny at all for me.

I agree with you on both of those, plus what Trigger Happy became. In this case though I think G&S is something else. Pam is like every Mam Ive ever known (including mine) which in itself is funny. But I like it in the same way I like King of the Hill, I watch it and dont find it hilarious but I really enjoy every character.

Bought series one on DVD and left it ages before watching because I just had a nagging feeling it was actually going to be a bit shit. Thought it was fantastic when I finally got round to watching it.

Series 1 is excellent. Series 2 is less so, but still decent. Some fantastic characterisation in there imo, loses a lot of the subtlety come the second series though, party to do with it going from BBC3 to BBC1 I would imagine.

Guest lankybellwipe

I have just watched my 1st 2 episodes on beeb3.

When was Abigails Party made? It must have been 25-30 years ago. And Alison Steadman is STILL more than welcome to a helping of my pork scratchings I can tell you!    :snod:

• 10 months later...