Palermo V Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

By no means do I think we were the better side over the 90 minutes, although it was a cracking away performance.  We certainly rode our luck at times, but we were never expected to dominate this game.  And a good performance and confidence booster for Luque, hopefully he retains his position on Saturday.

First-half diagnosis?

Second-half diagnosis?

Full-time diagnosis?

Star man for United?

Worst United player?

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Toon-cons?

Post-match feelings?

First-half diagnosis?

Played well though there was some nervy moments.

Second-half diagnosis?

Same as first half.

Full-time diagnosis?

Get the fùck in!

Star man for United?

Krul/Milner/Butt

Worst United player?

No one.

Opposition comment?

Weakened team but still palyed some great football at times.

Toon-pros?

Luque scoring.

Toon-cons?

Luque not scoring twice. :p

Guest The Fox

A magnificent performance, excellent teamwork in a challenging game.

I said before hand I expected a result. Check it out baby, its in print.

The difficulty will be maintaining the performance. Always capable of a one off but consistancy is whats needed.

Well Done.

Guest optimistic nit

brilliant performance i thought. really pleased with milner and kruls performances. the two unsung hero's of tonight are moore and butt in my opinion. bother were absolutly class in my opinion, moore in particular, i think for once we've got a really good defender at the back. all 4 defenders were really good though. emre and zog were good going forward too, and emre was good defensivly as well.

Guest MagicNumber9

Fucking get in! They had we pretty much all over in 2nd half but we scraped it.

Milner and Krul were on form.

Fucking over the moon!

All I can say for now is ........

bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif

i'll hold my hand up - i was sure as fuck that we'd get battered!

but we fought hard, did alright, scored and kept a clean sheet. good overall team performance.....

magnificent debut by krul, fantastic assist by milner, and just very nice to see luque score!

Thought Ramage was awesome,thought Titus managed to concentrate for 90 mins,thought Moore led by example,thought Tayls was solid,thought Butt and Emre had proper stormers as did Milner and Nobby and Luque did his job although playing in a position not favoured by him.Man of the match though for me was Krul who played like a seasoned professional and was calm to say the least under some severe pressure second half.Chuffed to bits with this result,lets hope we can carry it forward Saturday. :lol: :thup:

Defensively, we were first class in my opinion. They got through once or twice but Bramble recovered on a a couple of occassions with superb tackles, and the saves from Krul were first class. Moore led the line in the defense thee, absolutely superb performance - and i thought Nicky Butt was man of the match. Superb infront of the defense... cancelled out goals from Palermo.

Attacking wise - frustrating as fuck, and i'm sorry - but i refuse to say Luque played well. Up there on his own, he did absolutely nothing in the second half and didn't challenge for any ball ont he floor, but then all of our attackers were like that. Didn't chase for the ball and just let Palermo walk forward and play the ball.

There seemed to be some sort of forcefield like 40 yards out from goal. Players would run forward, stop dead at that point, and play it wide or back. There was absolutely no movement going forward... but i mean - what do you expect in a 4-5-1? The tactics weren't great in my opinion - but credit to the defenders for holding out.

I'm not really complaining that we didn't go on and score another two or three, but i really, really think we could have done. Doesn't matter though - three points and i am absolutely ecstatic. This is the best team in Serie A, and we've beaten them on their home turf.

Absolutely brilliant. One of the results of the season, if not the.

Get in there lads. Brilliant.

We beat the italians with their own tactics, class! Good to see Luque score and that we looked good defensively. Krul with an amazing debut..

The only thing that bothers me, is that i'm going to the Frankfurt game, and if we have already qualified there, Roeder might play the reserves, that would suck!

Incredible.

Gotta be a good confidence-booster.

Now let's hope there's no trouble for the lads who are over there.

Agreed, I wasn't expecting a result and I hope the away support come home in one piece.  3 pts

on Saturday and a steadying of the ship will do just fine, please. 

There is hope!  :)

Guest Ridzuan

Performance wise,it was not the best.The defence still needs a lot of organisation I think.Glad to see Luque scored.I wonder if Glenn will start with him again this Saturday.Milner was great and so was Krul.I was also glad to see Carrol on for us,though he didnt touch the ball at all.But a win is still a win.

"The Barcodes will get stuffed tonight".

Some West Ham fans have lost a fair but of money tonight ,what a shame  bluebiggrin.gif

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72741

Time for some humble pie (even from our lot tbf  :winking: )

Some bloke done the following bets

£50 Palermo HT/FT

£50 Palermo to win

£20 Palermo to score in both halfs

£10 3 nil

£10 4 nil

Get in you cockney Tw@t!!

Team for Sheffield is

Krul

Taylor        Moore        Bramble    Ramage

Millner        Butt          Parker        Duff

Luque      Rossi

Difficult to judge, because there was a lot more time and space than you get in the Premiership. I'd like to have seen us play a bit more positively in the second half - we wasted a lot of possession and could have finished them off.

Luque showed that he is, in fact, quite strong and ought to be able to adjust to the Premiership. Whether he has the necessary aggression - sorry, still not convinced on that performance.

Milner did very well. Zoggy looked lost, as is usually the case when he plays down the middle. Pattison you feel is a player that really could benefit from more first-team experience. He's a bit excitable, and didn't always run around sensibly, but he looked promising.

Still got this infuriating habit as a team of moving backwards to make sure that we don't lose possession. The result was that many promising looking situations in the opponents' half ended up with the ball being played back to the keeper.

Guest Ridzuan

Anyone knows the official number of our supporters travelling there because I dont see much of them which is pretty weird for our european outings.