Parker - Drop him?

ElDiablo

The balance in the midfield was there with butt and emre there, they compliment each other so much more than a parker combination. First time in ages i was actually half confident we weren't going to concede through the middle.  :thup:

The balance in the midfield was there with butt and emre there, they compliment each other so much more than a parker combination. First time in ages i was actually half confident we weren't going to concede through the middle. :thup:

I dont think Emre will play Saturday and i think Scotty will replace him.Pace of tonights game suited Butt too and thats why he looked quality.Prem much faster and alot passes him by but i think Emre will be too nacked to play Saturday.Poss the bench.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm swaying in this argument actually. i reckon playing without parker to see how we do is at least worth a try for a few games. its not like were not getting relegated anyway.

I don't agree. Parker is a world class fighter and probably our best player this season...

I agree, but too much of it sometimes and sometimes a little too enthusastic with chasing the ball down, which often leads to Emre being left on his own in the middle whilst the other team break.

Yep it's a shame about the captain thing, think it would give the whole team a kick up the arse if he was dropped though, show that noones safe.

Thought he'd been pretty poor in the last few games... but i still think that he is our best player when he's on form - which is most of the time. Parker and Dyer is our best pairing in my opinion, but Butt and Emre are doing very well. I don't see why Butt and Parker shouldn't work to be honest.

I don't agree. Parker is a world class fighter and probably our best player this season...

Aye and our best player last season also.

For me Parker is our best player, you build your team around your best players, and if fit I would have Dyer playing off Parker breaking from midfield but for now Emre and Parker is a good partnership despite the myth they can not play tougher.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Parker is our best player and he is a very important player. He has recieved a lot of critism for not going forward enough and keeping the ball too long, but I think Newcastle need a players who can hold up on the ball and play it safe and its more up to players like Emre and the wingers to play offensive creative football. Conclusion: it would be very stupid to drop Parker!!!

Edit: also looking forward watching Dyer and Parker together on the midfield!  :cool:

Yet strangely looked much more open and vulnerable against a shite Charlton side. Could be the formation i suppose but Parker is over-rated. Watch him on saturday - i guarentee when say solano or his fellow cm has the ball, instead of moving and creating space he will be standing watching.

Seen him do it loads of times, a piss-boiling act i tell you.  blueyes.gif

Parker just needs to learn to make off the ball movement, in the attacking sense. When he's on the ball he does enough and when they have the ball he works his socks off but when his team mates have it he seems lost, because of that the team suffers. Still one of our best performers mind.  blueyes.gif

The balance in the midfield was there with butt and emre there, they compliment each other so much more than a parker combination. First time in ages i was actually half confident we weren't going to concede through the middle.  :thup:

Kneejerk tbh

It was Palermo's reserves, for feck's sake.

Kneejerk tbh

Umm no... they dropped three of their first teamers, bringing two of them on with half an hour to go. And it was hardly our first team either was it, we left seven of them at home.

Because Parker is supposed to be 'leading by example' as captain. It would give the rest of the team who are performing well up to a point, a good kick up the arse i.e Solano, Martins and get us on the way to winning some games.

Parker is the core of the problem as far as the players we DO have instead of defence where its always a case of who we DON'T have. We need to start getting out arses into gear with the team we have and forget january, where no doubt a lot of people will be expecting a miracle turn around, and leaving Parker out would be a good change imo.

Kneejerk tbh

Umm no... they dropped three of their first teamers, bringing two of them on with half an hour to go. And it was hardly our first team either was it, we left seven of them at home.

Umm no, six of the team that twatted West Ham didn't start - one of the five that did was the keeper, three of the other four were in the back four.

Corini and Bresciano are comfortably Palermo's best midfielders. Butt didn't face either of em.

My facts were wrong, but your argument is still shit.

Parker, Duff, Ameobi, Sibierski, Babayaro, Carr, Rossi, Given, Dyer, Martins, Owen were all missing tonight, and all potentially threaten a place in our definite first team. Bresciano's a cracking player and Simplicio and Di Michele were the others that i was thinking of. Not really bothered about what you say about their defense, it's fairly poor anyway - they've conceded a lot of goals this season in Serie A. Fortunately for them they've been deadly in attack. And we still dealt with them.

Isn't the biggest problem with our midfield this season the lack of creativity?

Definitely need to drop our best player immediately if we're going to dream of creating the massive two chances we had tonight on Saturday.

:roll:

Isn't the biggest problem with our midfield this season the lack of creativity?

Definitely need to drop our best player immediately if we're going to dream of creating the massive two chances we had tonight on Saturday.

:roll:

Say again? :shock:

I don't think we should drop Parker, but i think we should drop Nobby. His passing was woeful once again, despite his impressive defending. I think it would be sneaky if we did aswell, considering how Neil Wanker is going all out to try and thwart Nobby...