Roy Hodgson

Colos Short and Curlies

After considering him something of a joke upon his arrival there, he's made me eat my words so far this season.

He's hardly got world-beaters at Craven Cottage but they're incredibly solid at the back and, like you say, play some nice football too.

Highly impressive first half of the season for them.

Guest Heneage

Its funny you say this was just thinking the same watching him. For a manager with such an extensive CV he gets little time from his home nation. He started poorly at fulham but thus far has them really performing. He seems to have an extensive knowledge of both players and leagues, and speaks  a load of different languages. I'd not have a heart attack if he was our manager, and actually might work if we were to adopt the system of DOF.

To be honest the bare thought of Roy Hodgson as our next manager makes me drool. He's got a fan-fuckin-fabulous CV and the attitude most English people have to him I find rather odd.

Though bar Inter he's never really proved he's done well for a big club. Though then again we're hardly a major club these days regardless.

Our Next Manger should be a previous Champions League winner. I would say lets ask Rijkared in the summer.

Aye, he should have the charisma to bring Messi and Ibrahimovic to the club.

If he doesn't want to come, why don't we ask Mourinho?

Guest firetotheworks

It annoys me when we do this. By that I mean let a manager establish themselves at another club and then go on about having them here. Most would have been snobby about Roy Hodgson being here before he started doing well at Fulham. 

Always enjoyed his presence, although not very charismatic, he's very level headed and you can tell he coaches by respect and knowledge, not by fire breathing or and sort of hair dryer treatments.  Wouldn't mind him here at all.

Didn't he get Blackburn relegated...?

sacked midway through the season (unluckly i thought). Then Brian Kidd took over and went down.

I've always rated Hodgson, seems like a nice guy too.

He also got them to a UEFA Cup place in his first season with Blackburn too.

He`s an underrated manager IMO and has had the balls to take on jobs abroad unlike most British managers and has way more knowledge about players abroad than your average British coach. Didn`t do too badly with Inter Milan either getting them to the UEFA Cup final (Inter were not as good then nor did they have the star players as they do now)

To be honest the bare thought of Roy Hodgson as our next manager makes me drool. He's got a fan-fuckin-fabulous CV and the attitude most English people have to him I find rather odd.

Though bar Inter he's never really proved he's done well for a big club. Though then again we're hardly a major club these days regardless.

He did well with the swiss national team...