Electricity: The "Are Your Lights Working?" Thread

tgarve

heaton, rang that number, no auto message like, what u reckon it cud b

Look outside, are the streetlights on? Do any houses in your street have lights on?

Try and work out if it's just your house or a wider area.

Checked the fusebox?

I'm off to bed! Goodluck.

All lights nd streetlights in the area off, im just guna sleep nd hopefuly wil wake up in warmth tomorow if its bk on!

Unless you have storage heaters and no gas then heating should run on gas so you should have warmth either way!

Did you speak to them about it on that number? Says on the website not to presume they know about it, just in case everyone has gone to bed and nobody has informed them. You'll want them to get their engineers on it asap I'm sure.

http://www.ceelectricuk.com/page/contact/nedl.cfm

I am in Gateshead and we are having the power dim and come straight back up this morning, has happened 3 or 4 times so far.  Luckily the house alarms have not started yet, probably temping fate there like!!

Guest toonlass

We are having no problems with the power in Blyth. Its a 33% chance of having no power due to prefering crack and white lightning to comfort/being tapped into the mains to keep the skunk plantation nice and warm/being a normal person who uses electricity normally (just before anyone else makes wise cracks). I fall into the third catagory.

Parts of walker went out three times before Xmas for several hours. It turned out the people erecting the new street lights were less than scrpulous in their work.  Last time it happened the street lights went out but we all had house electricity!

• 3 years later...