Shola Ameobi signs 3-year contract extension

lovejoy

Guest toonlass

If JfK comes out and says its like signing a new player I am going to walk up to Barrack Road and twat the bloke.

Putting aside people's opinions of Ameobi's playing skills, surely his injury record means NUFC should have thought twice about signing him up on a new contract. He seems to get a hell of a lot of injures.

Well, if we get relegated I wouldn't be surprised if Ameobi and Carroll were our strike force next season.

It does means he can be sold to Celtic, Norwich or some other f*cker in the summer and the club will get some money (albeit not much but better than nothing). The contract doesn't necessarily mean a lasting commitment, Wayne Bridge signed a four year contract at Chelsea in July and it just added a bit to his transfer fee.

And before someone says Shola was almost sold several times in the last window but no one wanted him, remember he has actually been on the pitch a few times this season, and has even scored a goal or two, whereas he hardly played any football last season. He has more "value" now.

the positive thing is hes an ok 4th choice and not uhappy being benched most of the time! rather give him a new contract than duff, cacapa, butt, geremi and viduka!

not happy though....maybe we can sell him in the summer for a decent amount?

Guest The Libertine

I commend him for his loyalty and his desire to want to play for NUFC. More than can be said for some.

where would you draw the line between "loyal" and "comfortable"?

he's here for the pay check and to sit on the bench. if he wanted to play first team football and actually try to prove himself he'd have gone to stoke.

I commend him for his loyalty and his desire to want to play for NUFC. More than can be said for some.

where would you draw the line between "loyal" and "comfortable"?

he's here for the pay check and to sit on the bench. if he wanted to play first team football and actually try to prove himself he'd have gone to stoke.

This

Guest toonlass

he`ll qualify for a testimonial now....... :frantic:

The Shola Ameobi testimonial :lol:

Wonder how many tickets that'll sell.

My guess is 12

Guest Hodgey

Surely a tongue in cheek comment!?

Bet he couldn't get the lid off the pen fast enough to sign on the dotted line.  Loyalty?!?  He just wants to stay on board the gravy train for as long as possible.  Did poorly on loan to Stoke, Ipswich didn't want him, he knows this is the best offer he'll get by a country mile.  His agent must have fallen off his chair.

Taking the positives though, he could do a decent job for us in the Championship which is looking increasingly likely as this appears to indicate we're going to try and stay up with what we've got rather than sign much-needed new players! 

1 yr fair enough, but during his nufc career he has not done anything to deserve 3 years. dont get me wrong, this season he has improved on the last ones, but now he has the guarantee of a job for 3 years so i bet he gets lazy again. should have been offered 1 like others had said, then reevaluate his form, or more likely ,lack of

Guest black n white

he'll be able to afford a housekeeper now, i would of given him a year extension but thats just because of the state the club is in, 3 years jesus wept

signed a 3 year extension.

ssn.

WHY oh WHY?? Somehow I'm not that surprised since this has been the nuttiest/craziest/circuslike NUFC season in a long time. Whatever next?  :undecided:

edit: By the way, didn´t the man fail a medical at Stoke or was that just a kind excuse not to sign the shockingly poor striker? Oh dear....

Putting aside people's opinions of Ameobi's playing skills, surely his injury record means NUFC should have thought twice about signing him up on a new contract. He seems to get a hell of a lot of injures.

Even in the story on NUFC.co.uk about Ameobi signing a new contract he mentions getting fit.

It is funny how Ameobi was out in the cold under Keegan but Kinnear is allowed to sign him up to a three year contract. I guess Mike values Kinnear's opinion more than Keegan's. Also, does this not make you think the club will be keeping Kinnear longer than the end of the season?

Guest black n white

Even in the story on NUFC.co.uk about Ameobi signing a new contract he mentions getting fit.

It is funny how Ameobi was out in the cold under Keegan but Kinnear is allowed to sign him up to a three year contract. I guess Mike values Kinnear's opinion more than Keegan's. Also, does this not make you think the club will be keeping Kinnear longer than the end of the season?

wont get into that conversation as we already know that the people owning,running and managing the club are incompetent (is there a manager called kevin keen) surprised ashley didnt bring him in as manager and say right i've brought kk back)