Pompey want Barton

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

They can fuck right off and die a painful and horrible death. I'll fucking smash Tony Adams face in personally if he even attempts talking to anyone at Newcastle about buying Joey Barton.

fyp

Thanks, that is exactly what I meant to say  O0

Guest toonlass

bartons a good player and i wouldnt sell for anything less than 10m even though i value him at roughly what we paid for him. but this is newcastle and we have a shite owner so he is probably on his way but at least we will then have the funds to replace him with barry ferguson  :celb: :nope:

Oh God, you've just brought a horrible sense of reality to it all.

bartons a good player and i wouldnt sell for anything less than 10m even though i value him at roughly what we paid for him. but this is newcastle and we have a s**** owner so he is probably on his way but at least we will then have the funds to replace him with barry ferguson  :celb: :nope:

Oh God, you've just brought a horrible sense of reality to it all.

i wish you and i were both wrong but since shola has just been given a 3yr contract i would expect this to be the case.

Guest toonlass

We need more depth, so we will raise the funds for reinforcements by selling our first teamers. Brilliant plan.

Sounds exactly the type of thing Newcastle would do.

They can fuck right off and die a painful and horrible death. I'll fucking smash Tony Adams face in personally if he even attempts talking to anyone at Newcastle about buying Joey Barton.

fyp

Since I'm uncertain if your O0 was irony or agreement, I dare say it's my view as well thus my fyp :thup:

We need more depth, so we will raise the funds for reinforcements by selling our first teamers. Brilliant plan.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that selling 1st team players is bizarre, Barton has either been injured or suspended for most of his time here.  I see him as being similar to Emre, it's obvious that he makes a difference to the midfield when he's in it, but he's in it so bloody rarely that he may as well not be here.

Plus, just having him at the club makes us easy targets for media hypocrites critics.  He's a decent player who will never really get a decent chance at any club due to his past.

Besides, we can always have him back for free when Pompey get relegated and declare bankruptcy. 

I wouldn't  be against him leaving as long as someone else comes in.

It won't be long before he does something stupid again and ends up banned or in court.

unless we can find somebody else to sell, i can see this happening  :no:

pompey are in freefall so dont give them a lifeline, our midfield is rotten WITH barton. it doesnt bear thinking about without him. theres no quotes or owt in that article though is there??

Guest toonlass

fyp

Since I'm uncertain if your O0 was irony or agreement, I dare say it's my view as well thus my fyp :thup:

My  O0 was meant in agreement.

On the subject of Portsmouth...

They sign a player on for £7.5 million in January 2008. In the interim, the world's financial markets collapse, the value of everything turns to shit, said player plays OK, nothing spectacular though, and they manage to sell him for £15 million back to the same club that received only half of that, 12 months earlier??!! In real terms they've probably trebled their money! Is that not the best bit of business since Blackburn paid £500,000 for Bentley then sold him for £17 million less than 2 years later?? 

And - more to the point - why the f*ck can't we do that?!

On the subject of Portsmouth...

They sign a player on for £7.5 million in January 2008. In the interim, the world's financial markets collapse, the value of everything turns to shit, said player plays OK, nothing spectacular though, and they manage to sell him for £15 million back to the same club that received only half of that, 12 months earlier??!! In real terms they've probably trebled their money! Is that not the best bit of business since Blackburn paid £500,000 for Bentley then sold him for £17 million less than 2 years later?? 

And - more to the point - why the f*ck can't we do that?!

Because we buy top 4 rejects with no sell on value like Parker, Butt, Babayaro & Duff