Luque: 3 starts - 3 goals

Guest Knightrider

Guest Kenton Magpie

He was garbage tonight, what did he do apart from score the goal?? best of luck to him anyways a good Luque can only benefit Newcastle United, but he has to do alot better to support his team mates in my humble opinion

Guest wondermike

so lazy, doesn't backtrack or want to get involved unless the big mac is provided there, with tomato sauce! lazy f**k

Guest Knightrider

He was garbage tonight, what did he do apart from score the goal?? best of luck to him anyways a good Luque can only benefit Newcastle United, but he has to do alot better to support his team mates in my humble opinion

I'll take a winning goal over a headless chiken routine thanks. Fans need to accept he's just not that type of player, he didn't even break sweat to celebrate his goal, he sauntered. I saw an improvement in his heading, hold-up play and general strength which is all I ask for. His movement and pace can only come from an understanding with team-mates and a run of games which he hasn't had.

Wasn't playing in his position at all, playing for a disjointed team against a resolute defence. Lacking in confidence and match fitness.

The fuck you expect?

Worth pointing out the number of games it was said 'Shearer did nowt all game apart from the goal'.

Thought he took time to settle then did well, the faded for 10 mins before he came off.

Not a bad return in terms of overall play for the 1 in a 4-5-1 like.

Have to say it was all about the team tonight and not one individual. 

Guest wondermike

it's not just his laziness thoguh, its his unwillingness to participate in the 'team' he looks to moan and groan to players if the ball is that tiny bit wrong played to him, i saw it a few times with emre tonight, his attitude stinks and musn't be doing any favours in the dressing room, especially the mess where in in the premiership now.

He scores winning goal and still he is shite.

If it would've been Martins, only scoring and doing nothing else special, you all would be praising him. But when it's Luque (who by the way scores pretty much every time he plays) he's just shite. Goal is not enough for him, he has to score 10 and give assist to 20.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'll take a winning goal over a headless chiken routine thanks. Fans need to accept he's just not that type of player, he didn't even break sweat to celebrate his goal, he sauntered. I saw an improvement in his heading, hold-up play and general strength which is all I ask for. His movement and pace can only come from an understanding with team-mates and a run of games which he hasn't had.

he trains with the same blokes day in day out

how can you not know what their games are about?

Guest wondermike

he needs to show willingness to get involved, i was a big fan of luque and stood by him most the way, but just what you see of ihm when he's off the ball is absolutely pathetic, shocking and is a disgrace. this is why many people disagree with you and don't get off his back as he scored the winnign goal. if martins scored he'd be getting praised as you'd see his work rate would of been alot better than luque's.

Because they don't have a game? We're pretty much team without tactic, 10 headless chickens running around pitch. It's hard to know what they are upto next.

Thought he was very, very mediocre tonight and still looked lazy and slow, and he didn't fight for anything when the ball was on the floor. But in fairness, he was playing in a completely alien role. I still want to see him play on Saturday and i'll be annoyed if he doesnt.

Guest Knightrider

Howay get some cop on lad.

A I said earlier, how many times do you see Michael Owen do fuck all for 90 minutes and come away with the winning goal? All the sodding time is the answer.

Still, he's not Spanish is he, so it's totally different. Jesus wept.

A I said earlier, how many times do you see Michael Owen do **** all for 90 minutes and come away with the winning goal? All the sodding time is the answer.

Still, he's not Spanish is he, so it's totally different. Jesus wept.

Well said - if he's dropped on Saturday Roeder's just cutting his nose off to spite his face. Rossi and Luque may have the makings of a decent short-term partnership, especially with Luque in a more familiar position of second striker.

I'd be interested to know exactly where he played with Deportivo, did they have a main out and out striker in Tristan and Luque played off him on the left side? Maybe Glen should watch some old Depor videos and think about trying that style in attack. Might be the only way to get the best out of him.