Warmth: The "How Hot or Cold Are You?" Thread

oldtype

Jesus Christ, heating is broken down in my dorm building.

This is Boston. In the height of winter. I'm on the fucking 10th floor.

They could've just come in and shot us and saved everyone a lot of trouble  :no:

Boston, Massachussetts?

Yeah.

I assume there's one in the UK as well? The Yanks having stolen all their names from you and all.

Technically the town I live in is called Cambridge, another British name.

I'm ok at the moment because I'm right next to the radiator and the heating has been on a few hours. Not looking forward to going into the bathroom though, it's always unbearably cold in there. :(

My dad refuses to have the heating on for too long 'cos of the gas bill, so I'm actually frozen.

Our last one was waaaaaaay in credit, so been hammering it over Christmas. Dread to think what the next one will be.  bluelaugh.gif

Boston, Massachussetts?

Yeah.

I assume there's one in the UK as well? The Yanks having stolen all their names from you and all.

Ah I spent a delightful week in Boston, MA.

Cambridge is where Harvard and MIT are based right? I went on a day trip there and I absolutely loved it, walked round the Harvard campus and the town around it, bought myself a nice Harvard hoodie too.

Anyway I'm alright at the moment temperature wise. Slightly cold but I have a virus too so i'll man up and face it.

Boston, Massachussetts?

Yeah.

Cambridge is where Harvard and MIT are based right? I went on a day trip there and I absolutely loved it, walked round the Harvard campus and the town around it, bought myself a nice Harvard hoodie too.

Anyway I'm alright at the moment temperature wise. Slightly cold but I have a virus too so i'll man up and face it.

Boston's a great city and a fun place to visit. My favorite city in the US. Good to hear that you had fun.

I like the campus here too, good mix of tradition and modernity. Shame you bought one of those overpriced hoodies though!

Boston, Massachussetts?

Yeah.

Boston's a great city and a fun place to visit. My favorite city in the US. Good to hear that you had fun.

I like the campus here too, good mix of tradition and modernity. Shame you bought one of those overpriced hoodies though!

Do you attend Harvard then?

Boston, Massachussetts?

Yeah.

Do you attend Harvard then?

Yeah, graduating in may. Finally getting my ass out of this weather.

this house is always fucking cold.  Kesbaia's Shiny Head will confirm this, should he read it.

If this thread continues, I will take a picture of our radiator in the bathroom, while trying to show the size of the bathroom itself.  Every fucking morning I go in there for a shower (don't get me started on how shit our shower is either) and come out fucking freezing.

fucking usless corner-cutting cunt of a landlord.  :angry:

this house is always f***ing cold.  Kesbaia's Shiny Head will confirm this, should he read it.

If this thread continues, I will take a picture of our radiator in the bathroom, while trying to show the size of the bathroom itself.  Every f***ing morning I go in there for a shower (don't get me started on how s*** our shower is either) and come out f***ing freezing.

f***ing usless corner-cutting c*** of a landlord.   :angry:

ohhh yes. its too bloody cold, but im immune to it now. got really bad circulation to the hands and feet too  :dave:

ive got layers of thermals on and had my back on the radiator all evening lol.

its cold, the showers knackered, the tv aerial never got sorted.....horrible landlord.

WBCP, has moving the spare kitchen bench actually made a difference?? should be warming us up more

this house is always f***ing cold.  Kesbaia's Shiny Head will confirm this, should he read it.

If this thread continues, I will take a picture of our radiator in the bathroom, while trying to show the size of the bathroom itself.  Every f***ing morning I go in there for a shower (don't get me started on how s*** our shower is either) and come out f***ing freezing.

f***ing usless corner-cutting c*** of a landlord.   :angry:

ohhh yes. its too bloody cold, but im immune to it now. got really bad circulation to the hands and feet too  :dave:

ive got layers of thermals on and had my back on the radiator all evening lol.

its cold, the showers knackered, the tv aerial never got sorted.....horrible landlord.

WBCP, has moving the spare kitchen bench actually made a difference?? should be warming us up more

Aye, makes a world of difference.  Go down and plonk your arse on it.

Our bathrooms even colder now after I left the window open post-shit.  Sorry.

This is Boston. In the height of winter. I'm on the f***ing 10th floor.

They could've just come in and shot us and saved everyone a lot of trouble  :no:

Ahh...I am also a foreign student studying in New England. Except that my school is in the significantly colder town of Storrs, Connecticut. I'm actually staying with a connect in Baltimore (bawlmer) right now (which is a good bit warmer), but I am dreading the return to uni in a week and a half. It was cold as f*** when I left the place in mid December, so I can only imagine what it is like now. I don't think I am genetically disposed to deal with this kind of cold, and I am not really looking forward to playing football in subzero temperatures either.

This is Boston. In the height of winter. I'm on the f***ing 10th floor.

Ahh...I am also a foreign student studying in New England. Except that my school is in the significantly colder town of Storrs, Connecticut. I'm actually staying with a connect in Baltimore (bawlmer) right now (which is a good bit warmer), but I am dreading the return to uni in a week and a half. It was cold as f*** when I left the place in mid December, so I can only imagine what it is like now. I don't think I am genetically disposed to deal with this kind of cold, and I am not really looking forward to playing football in subzero temperatures either.

Holy shit man, you go to UConn?

I grew up on campus because my father got his doctorate there. I'm a huge Huskies fan to this day.

I remember it being insanely cold. "Boogers freezing on top of your lip while waiting for the school bus" cold.