NUFC's medical problems...

nobby_solano

do we really have such crap doctors/physio's etc at st james park?

reading in the other threads about martins having injuries no one spotted and having to go to italy to find out, habib going back to see his doctors in marseille, viduka going back to australia to have his injuries looked at...

and going back a bit further, kieron dyer being given the wrong medication which was weakening his muscles.

should we really be looking at signing some new medics as well as bringing in players in this transfer window?

Players are people, and people like to go seek medical advices from where they trust, especially when it concerns their living.

Nothing strange about that. ???

This.

I work at a solicitors and on a couple of occasions we've had players seek contractual advice about wanting to get treatment in their home country and the club disagreeing. Nowt in it really, as you say it's just what they trust.

Guest Stephen927

Kinnear was quoted recently as saying training is like walking on egg shells at the moment and they're just doing really basic stuff. Could be the workouts they're doing and the type of training.

Guest neesy111

the injury problems under souness we're to the physical nature of training and not much being done on actual fitness of players

i personally blame the gypsy's curse for all our problems

do we really have such crap doctors/physio's etc at st james park?

reading in the other threads about martins having injuries no one spotted and having to go to italy to find out, habib going back to see his doctors in marseille, viduka going back to australia to have his injuries looked at...

and going back a bit further, kieron dyer being given the wrong medication which was weakening his muscles.

should we really be looking at signing some new medics as well as bringing in players in this transfer window?

In terms of physiotherapists and medical staff, quite a few of them haven't been here that long. Derek Wright has obviously been here for years but Jamie Murphy followed Allardyce from Bolton, Davie Henderson and Ian McGuinness both came down from Scotland while Fat Sam was here as well.

Guest michaelfoster

Derek Wright isn't s***. He's contracted to the England squad aswell I think.

yip he is physio for the u21's

Guest toonlass

Christ in a VW beetle, we have 11 players out according to physioroom. Way more than any other Premier League club. Is someone taking pot shots at them at Little Benton or something?

Christ in a VW beetle, we have 11 players out according to physioroom. Way more than any other Premier League club. Is someone taking pot shots at them at Little Benton or something?

Well it isn't Shola as they must be connecting [/Obvious joke]

I bet the whole eat-sleep-shit circle of the players isnt that aggressively monotered by the club, the importance of eating and sleeping right is alpha and omega of getting enough and right energy to train well.

You would have thought Big Sam was getting that stuff into the club but he didnt get much time to do it, IF that was a part of his training methods.

(He did seem like an doctor/professor at times).

Would be fun to hear some ITK info about how the club manages this, there is alot of the players who have gained weight since they joined Newcastle, both Martins and Owen looks unhealthy large (not to mention Viduka) at times imo, as a Martins fan i have seen him for a while and he is slower and clumpsyer then i have ever seen him, much worry in that.

Owen actually looks like he's been stuck in "the Mumps Mode" since he came back from just that...

Guest ObaStar

ok well it not the weather because Sunderland and Boro combined is just over half out our injures. It has to be the medical staff, or the trainers aren't supervising the players properly in terms of stretching and such. If you remember it seemed like the injures dissipated under Allardyce with his "hi tech" back room medical staff.

Guest toonlass

ok well it not the weather because Sunderland and Boro combined is just over half out our injures. It has to be the medical staff, or the trainers aren't supervising the players properly in terms of stretching and such. If you remember it seemed like the injures dissipated under Allardyce with his "hi tech" back room medical staff.

That was just a myth. The whole time Sam Alladyce was here we were still top of the physioroom league for injuries.

Guest toonlass

Could be some of the players' lifestyles, i.e getting pissed on a weekend.

Is that a normal side effect of alcohol then? Tendonitis and pulled hamstrings?