Ronaldo unhurt after car crash

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927
Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has written off his Ferrari in a crash near Manchester Airport.

The 23-year-old winger was driving the sports car through a tunnel beneath the runways when he smashed into a barrier.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said his team-mate Edwin van der Sar was following in his Bentley, but the Dutch stopper was not involved in the crash.

Ronaldo was not injured in the accident, which happened on the A538 Altrincham Road at about 1020 GMT.

One lane of the road has been closed while the debris is removed.

A GMP spokesman said an investigation into the crash, which happened between Wilmslow and Hale, Cheshire, was under way.

Police said the Portuguese international gave a negative breath test to officers at the scene.

Manchester United have confirmed that Ronaldo is fine and is training with the club.

Onlooker Jody Lomax was driving behind Ronaldo when the crash happened.

"The Ferrari went straight into the wall, his front left-hand wheel came off and then Ronaldo got out of the car," he said.

"I was shocked. Anyway he was all right, he was walking - he was a bit shaken."

Mr Lomax added: "Obviously I was stunned at seeing a Ferrari go in the wall and seeing Ronaldo.

"He was obviously shaken - who wouldn't be? - but it's a shame about the car as well."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7817764.stm

Woopsy!

Guest Jawesome

Even if he had of died, I'd still have him in our team ahead of Nicky Butt.

For the record, I'm glad he's safe.

There is a thin line between heaven and hell imo

What if he smashed his legs up so bad he had to amputate them, would be such a los to football not watching him and his twat facelook when he doesnt get a freekick after a dive.

Likewise.

Guest The Libertine

i said about a year ago he'd die in a car crash. so close.

Bet you wouldn't like someone writing something like that about one of your family members.

he's well known as a very bad driver who drives very fast. he's been in a few quite bad crashes before and he'll likely be in more.

i said about a year ago he'd die in a car crash. so close.

Bet you wouldn't like someone writing something like that about one of your family members.

he's well known as a very bad diver who dives very fast. he's been in a few quite bad pratfalls before and he'll likely be in more.

FYP Libs. O0

I rekon he drives like he runs, hundreds of riverdance style stepovers, and pointless fake kicks,...so his feet are all over the fucking pedals, ......strait into a fucking wall.

He is michael flatly... His feet never stop, if they did, he'd die... like a shark