Five Live tonight at 8pm - discussing football finances

Guest black n white

Guest black n white

Robert Peston is on tonight discussing the future of football

This is the bloke who predicted the fall of Northern  Rock

should be a good listen, hope he has some good news for us toon fans/supporters

(The loan that was used to buy liverpool was from RBS which has just been nationalised,

which means the taxpayer could end up owning lfc)

sorry if already posted

Robert Peston is on tonight discussing the future of football

This is the bloke who predicted the fall of Northern  Rock

should be a good listen, hope he has some good news for us toon fans/supporters

(The loan that was used to buy liverpool was from RBS which has just been nationalised,

which means the taxpayer could end up owning lfc)

sorry if already posted

just after the legends,...its the wireless for me tonite.

Colo's Short and Curlies won't be happy.

Btw Keith Harris was on Talkshite this morning and basically said that the two yanks interested in NUFC pulled out because of the credit crunch and that bloke who skanked investors. They'd each lost over $300m apparently.

Btw Keith Harris was on Talkshite this morning and basically said that the two yanks interested in NUFC pulled out because of the credit crunch and that bloke who skanked investors. They'd each lost over $300m apparently.

He also said that Ashley had paid of all of our debt.

And?

And?

And as a result we have no debt.

And?

And as a result we have no debt.

I see.

Guest black n white

The fallout from the bernard madoff £50 billion scandal is just starting to unravel, be interesting to see if any football clubs get caught up in this

Two billionaires have topped themselves so far :rolleyes:

Aye, forgot that. There was no doubt in what he said.

Someone's telling porkies.

Guest black n white

How would someone minus a "Wireless" go about listening?

For anybody that misses the program it should be on bbc iplayer for about a week after i think.

Would'nt be surprised if a few football clubs go under after tonights broadcast.

The people who ran the Bradford and bingley building society did'nt know they were

going under until they read this blokes blog.

How would someone minus a "Wireless" go about listening?

For anybody that misses the program it should be on bbc iplayer for about a week after i think.

Would'nt be surprised if a few football clubs go under after tonights broadcast.

The people who ran the Bradford and bingley building society did'nt know they were

going under until they read this blokes blog.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest fading star

Back in October Keith Harris explained what he means by ‘debt free’.

“I know him (Ashley) well and I’m representing him now, he has actually cleared up Newcastle’s debt. On the balance sheet it shows they don’t owe money, they owe it to him. That’s not debt, that’s equity, a more efficient way for an owner who owns the whole business”

So what Ashley has actually done is lend the club enough money to clear some of it’s debts. This benefits Ashley because he no longer has to pay interest on the loans, but the club still owe the money and you can sure Ashley wants it back.

http://www.journallive.co.uk:80/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/10/ashley-may-have-to-stay-as-sale-of-nufc-uncertain-61634-22004777/

It’s all half truths and misdirection with Ashley and his henchmen.

It is likely any debts paid off to external creditors by Ashley will now be showing on the balance sheet as a directors loan made by him.  This loan could in effect be subject to interest at an agreed fixed rate or tied to the bank of england.  The loan agreement would stipulate the duration over which the moneys are to be repaid.  In effect, clearing our commercial debts (i.e. to banks) but leaving us with a debt to him instead.  He would therefore be profiting from the debt (potentially).

As for Mr Peston, there are no flys on this guy - he is one step ahead of the game and although people wonder who his sources are - they are clearly reliable.  It would not suprise me if a few suprises come out this evening.

Guest fading star

Thanks for the info. Ashley made reference to an interest free deal a while back, but as is the case since he took over everything is as clear as mud.

Like NE5 to a Shepherd thread.....

Can I swear in this thread?

Robert Peston is a fucking cunt.

He is the king of the cliche - listen carefully tonight, he will say absolutely nothing ground just repeating the same clap trap and half baked truths that he always does.

He loves a soundbite and mouthing off over hysteria, read the story behind most of his blogs and you will see that it is more rubbish than the ghosts on Most Haunted or Alan Smiths goal record.

And as for his sources, criminals more like, feeding senstive information to the media before it is announced to the LSE - its illegal but these 'sources' make plenty of money doing so.

I predict:

West Ham and Pompey will come up.

Liverpools debt restructuring will be mentioned.

We will be classed as at risk and a big deal will be made over how noone would/could buy us in the present climate

Chelsea will be discussed in light of Roman ever buggering off

He'll suck off Gordan Brown if he gets the chance.

Add to that the fact that he has got the most smug pratronising voice in the history of rodent kind and you get one really spiffing chap.

Guest fading star

It should be interesting to see what he's got to say.

Portsmouth and West Ham look like being the clubs most at risk since they're selling players to cover debts.

Whereas Newcastle are going for the spending nowt on the squad approach. 

It should be interesting to see what he's got to say.

Portsmouth and West Ham look like being the clubs most at risk since they're selling players to cover debts.

Whereas Newcastle are going for the spending nowt on the squad approach. 

Not really got anything to do with what I said but thanks for the input all the same.