Who Was The Last Youth Player ?

Skirge

Taylor, Shola and Aaron Hughes from the past 10 years.

f***ing hell. :lol:

Shocking aint it, football is such a massive part of life in the Northeast yet we really do have a massive lack of good young players, even signing good young kids from other clubs. We hear the word potential a lot yet we necer seem to see any of these young kids make it.

Ramage of course! He must have played nearly 50 games as sad as it seems, so has to be mentioned.

How could I forget him him. :lol:

Could include N'Zogbia too I suppose, not sure if he spent time with our youth team or if he went straight into the reserves.

Its just another case of NUFC's continuing failure in everything that they do.

NUFC should have strong connections with EVERY single boys club on Tyneside and in Northumberland as well as keeping an eye on the rest of the North East in Mackem and Smoggie territory.  There should not be one single player with potential that we dont know about on Tyneside before the rest of the clubs.

I mean, how the f*** Shearer slipped through the net I'll never f***ing know.

Guest Stephen927

You've also got lads like Huntington, Edgar and Pattison who have made 10+ appearances. Wouldn't call them regular, but it just reinforces that point that there has been some underwhelming players making the move into the first team over the past few years.

Hopefully we'll be seeing the likes of Tozer, Kadar, in the first team soon and making an impact, because it is an area that seems to have been neglected.

Guest GAMMELL

Can anyone name any Geordie players who have made the first team at other clubs in the last 10 years who have had nothing to do with us?

10+ years ago? I just gotta mention that bastart Graham Fenton  :pow:

Can anyone name any Geordie players who have made the first team at other clubs in the last 10 years who have had nothing to do with us?

Does Steve Simonsen count? South Shields lad.

Mackem.

michael bridges in his first year at leeds looked like the natural heir to teddy sheringham, scoring 19 league goals and being a proper creative force. pity it ballsed up for him fitness wise.

martin taylor would be another at places like blackburn and birmingham, he's from ashington

Does Steve Simonsen count? South Shields lad.

Mackem.

What's the river which runs past Shields like. ;)

I meant the bloke was a childhood Sunderland supporter.

michael bridges in his first year at leeds looked like the natural heir to teddy sheringham, scoring 19 league goals and being a proper creative force. pity it ballsed up for him fitness wise.

martin taylor would be another at places like blackburn and birmingham, he's from ashington

Mickey didnt start off here if I remmember correctly...

Mickey didnt start off here if I remmember correctly...

Fun Fact: My old GSCE PE teacher was Martin Taylor's best man at his wedding.

Stuart Nicholson (Various)

Josh Walker (Boro)

James Brown (Hartlepool)

James Sinclair (Bolton)

Michael Carrick

Jamie Mole (Hearts)

Michael Nelson (Hartlepool)

Foley (Hartlepool) scored in the cup dont know his first name though

There is quite a few more but I am suffering a memory blank.

Josh Walker (Boro)

James Brown (Hartlepool)

James Sinclair (Bolton)

Michael Carrick

Jamie Mole (Hearts)

Walker and Sinclair haven't exactly broken in their respective first teams yet.

Josh Walker (Boro)

James Brown (Hartlepool)

James Sinclair (Bolton)

Michael Carrick

Jamie Mole (Hearts)

He said "made the first team" they both have but correct they are not regular starters, Josh is a regular sub for PL games & James is in reserves.

Josh Walker (Boro)

James Brown (Hartlepool)

James Sinclair (Bolton)

Michael Carrick

Jamie Mole (Hearts)

He said "made the first team" they both have but correct they are not regular starters, Josh is a regular sub for PL games & James is in reserves.

True he did say that but I presumed he meant on a regular basis, Walker has made one league appearance for Boro, Sinclair has made two for Bolton.

Sinclair was also had spells in ours and the mackems academy during is youth apparently.

Josh Walker (Boro)

James Brown (Hartlepool)

James Sinclair (Bolton)

Michael Carrick

Jamie Mole (Hearts)

True he did say that but I presumed he meant on a regular basis, Walker has made one league appearance for Boro, Sinclair has made two for Bolton.

Sinclair was also had spells in ours and the mackems academy during is youth apparently.

Sinclair, he turned the mackems & us down for Bolton as they offered mega wedge for kid of his age & ability.

Josh played in the cup at the weekend & did okay. He is there Xisco as he has a very high rate of being a Boro unused sub this year in PL games, well over 10.