How clean is your hob?

Guest lankybellwipe

Guest lankybellwipe

I have been in the homes of a lot of mates, and I can tell you, their Hob management/maintenance/hygiene can be somewhat disgusting and a bio-hazard!

It is my contention, that a lady is impressed most, by a well maintained hob/cooker, simply because hobs/cookers, being used daily, under greasy, oily conditions, with food being lost over the pan, liquids boiling over, crumbs being spilled, need to be kept pristine in case the H&S man pops in for a cuppa! (hopefully)

How clean is your hob/cooker? My hob is kept immaculate, for when a woman knocks on my door for a cuppa!

O0

(another hit thread here methinks)

Guest lankybellwipe

WHole house is spotless Aunties have been cleaning while i've been at work.

God bless the family slave trade  O0

Sparkling. Had a mad cleaning thing going on this morning which included cupboard doors and skirting boards. Not quite sure what's going on  ???

nesting hormone, my ex used to go mad when she was having kids, getting the house right.

Guest lankybellwipe

Sparkling. Had a mad cleaning thing going on this morning which included cupboard doors and skirting boards. Not quite sure what's going on  ???

nesting hormone, my ex used to go mad when she was having kids, getting the house right.

Hang on! Lets get this right Mr. Paddock!

Your ex was having babies, at home, while you let her do housework? Did she wet her towels as well gad dammit!   :rant:

Guest Heneage

God bless the family slave trade   O0

whey with my Dad taking bad in hospital they've come over 1 aunty and 2 older friends acting like I can't boil an egg or wash a plate, at first I felt quite patronized as I am actually very independent, but then I thought bugger it let them clean.

Guest lankybellwipe

God bless the family slave trade   O0

whey with my Dad taking bad in hospital they've come over 1 aunty and 2 older friends acting like I can't boil an egg or wash a plate, at first I felt quite patronized as I am actually very independent, but then I thought bugger it let them clean.

Aye, sounds farmiliar from this end!

That's probably part of it, except I'm moving in a couple of weeks so will have to start nesting all over again. If the baby comes early I'm knackered :lol:

i always polish my hob, or else my lass wont sort out me nosh, if its dirty.

:lol:

This is killing me! Does nobody else think that paddock's post there was a full on masterpiece of double entendre?! Seriously?! Nobody else?

This is killing me! Does nobody else think that paddock's post there was a full on masterpiece of double entendre?! Seriously?! Nobody else?

Maybe it's just my filthy mind but I ONLY read it as the entendre  :blush:

Maybe it's just my filthy mind but I ONLY read it as the entendre  :blush:

had to come up with something, cos when i first looked i thought it said how clean is your knob.

I've got electric hobs and they're a bugger to clean. They've ended up with a fair bit of burnt on blackness that respondeth not to vigorous cleaning and caustic fluids.

Any tips for those of us with dirty hobs lanky?

Guest lankybellwipe

I've got electric hobs and they're a bugger to clean. They've ended up with a fair bit of burnt on blackness that respondeth not to vigorous cleaning and caustic fluids.

Any tips for those of us with dirty hobs lanky?

Yes, contact my mate barry! He will shout directions down the phone regarding the correct use of cillit bang. but you will need to smear YOUR hob, with newly laid stains to achieve that 'wipe pristine' effect. You will then need to empty all your copper into a fish tank and fill it with cillit bang to clean it, afterwhich, you can toss the lot behind the sofa cushions for next time  O0

Just looked them up. Terrible adverts.

Missus insists on buying Sainsbury's basics kitchen cleaner (mainly as I have to do the bloody cleaning with it). Perhaps this is the root of my difficulties.