Redundancies

Tooj

Bad craic they are. Sorry mate.

I suggest you move to a remote island in the philippines, with 100 people population. You'd fish for your dinner in the morning, lie on the beach and smoke joints all day, sleep in the afternoon, and work behind a bar at night. Nothing beats that.

When the satellite passes over the island once a month you can log on and keep us posted  :thup:

Our place has anounce that they wanted 19 redundancies this week, info delivered on Monday - those affected left yesterday.  Even though I was not personally touched I am sick to my stomach for those that were.........  Worst week ever!

Guest BooBoo

Bad news Jonny, hope you get fixed up with something asap.

At times like this I'm thankful for small mercies. My job isnt the greatest but at least I have job security.

Bad news. :( It's a slap in the face, but I'm sure you'll be back up on your feet, up and at 'em, in next to no time mate. I thought you were wanting a change of direction anyway, Tooj? Could be a blessing in disguise, this. Hard to take though, I know.

Our place has anounce that they wanted 19 redundancies this week, info delivered on Monday - those affected left yesterday.  Even though I was not personally touched I am sick to my stomach for those that were.........  Worst week ever!

Ah, the magical number 19 rears its head again come redundancy hour. Cowardly bastards.

They are a shitter, Ive got a feeling I may be added to the list of unemployed in the near future too.

The North East is crumbling right now.  Every day it seems like there are businesses cutting back and 100's loosing jobs. Today its the turn of Newcastle Building Society in the city centre and at the cobalt aswell as TK Maxx.

:no:

Are a cunt aren't they? :(

sorry to hear that tooj.

Happened to me a long time ago and it seemed like the end of the world, but I bounced back and took a different direction that worked out for the best.

So best of luck mate.

Bad craic 2J. What do you do, something in IT was it? Maybe consider going freelance? Somewhat different but failing uni was one of the best things that happened to me, did something completely different and have really landed on my feet workwise.

Are a c*** aren't they? :(

Damn man, hard lines.

Seems to be happening everywhere. A mate of mine lost his a two months ago, 17 were dropped at a rival firm in town and 5 are on notice at my own place. If we don't start getting new work within 8 months time, I reckon I'll be out the door too.