Skate 2/3

Syrette

Demo has been up on the Live Marketplace for about a day now, PS3 version out next week. I've got it downloaded, going to give it a spin in a few minutes. The game itself is out on the 23rd.

Thoughts?

Yeah, in the demo alone it feels less frustrating (I never owned the original but I've played it a lot on other people's consoles). Might well get this game to be honest, seems like a laidback game the likes of which I could do with. Just a game to mess around in and lose a few hours here and there.

Seems alright, first time playing skate.. managed to do a backflip which i was quite impressed with, can't see me buying it though, it'll take a while for a skating game to come close to Tony Hawks 2.

• 2 weeks later...

More I look into this game the more I want it. As that reviews says it is a lot more this time around and that really appeals because I found myself getting frustrated a fair bit on the first one when I played it.

Definite purchase, maybe not at full RRP though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly a game for beginners this. I'm struggling with some of the challenges.

I love just skating around on my own to be honest, making my own lines. Hopefully it'll all click into place later because this is one game that isn't immediately accessible.

Guest Heneage

Not exactly a game for beginners this. I'm struggling with some of the challenges.

I love just skating around on my own to be honest, making my own lines. Hopefully it'll all click into place later because this is one game that isn't immediately accessible.

Compared to the other major Skating game the learning curve is really steep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone got the 3rd one? picked it up today, absolutely class like, didn't really get on with the 2nd one but this one feels better imo..

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=59850241&platform=xbox#itemId=399652

Took me about 30 mins to pull that off  :blush:

:lol:

Might pick this up in a while when things die down and the price drops. Really liked the demo, in spite of Jason Lee's best efforts to piss me off...

Second one pissed me off. Far too easy and short tbh. I wasn't sure if I'd finished it or not due to the crap progression structure but I was well and truly sick of it.

I rented the second one and spent about an hour or two on it, couldn't stand it, felt so clunky and cluttered, like you had to constantly avoid shit, I spent most of my time crashing and falling off my board, just couldn't be arsed with it.