Who is more important?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If it was overall, I'd say Given for his influence over the other players and his genuine care and want for the club to succeed.

But, in terms of this season, Owen's goals are vital to us staying up. It was shown in the Liverpool game that no matter how good Shay is, if the rest of the team is shit it makes no difference.

Scoring goals, not preventing the opposition from, wins games.

Guest firetotheworks

Owen, all day.

Harper in goal, Owen upfront - i doubt our results would fluctuate that much.

Given in goal, Ameobi upfront - i think the results would be considerably different.

In a nutshell.

In the long term...

Shay Given on a good day is like having 2 keepers in goals.I personally think Given cares alot abt Newcastle which can rub off on other players where as Owen couldnt give two fucks

Between now and the end of the season...

Owen, all day.

Given in goal, Ameobi upfront - i think the results would be considerably different.

Owen staying would be a bigger boost than Shay.

As mentioned Harper would come in and do a decent job if Given departed.

The impact would be bigger off the pitch imo,  it would show (true or not) an indication of the ambition of the club which would not only impact the players at the club but any prospective signings for the summer.

Owen is a much bigger pull for players and if he was to sign on again would be a huge boost the fans, players and anyone involved in the club. Whilst obviously Shay staying would be fantastic too the reaction would be far less monumental.

The stone cold reality is both players will be gone come next pre-season, where that leaves us we will have to find out. Whomever is in charge of the team and the club by that point will have the biggest challenge of any manager to walk through the doors in the past 10 years.

Why did Owen celebrate today like he'd scored the winning goal in a cup final ? Because he is so happy he has just signed a £120,00 a week deal with Man City ? Ahhh you geordie cunts, this is what i want to do to you, smackkk, and this is what you are missing.

Someone please inform me

Aye, like Owen cant be replaced with another forward. I mean seriously Given and Owen? Lose Given and we have Harper in nets, but we still have Michael Owen who will be linked away with the club every single window until he does eventually leave, and threads like this will continually be created. Lose Owen however, and we replace him with another forward, and we still have the loyal Shay Given who is the only thing that resembles a legend at this club these days. He may also be the last one we will see for some time. Dont forget lads this isnt the first time a transfer request came in from Shay, this doesnt mean Given is off or that he is disloyal.

Given anyday of the week, he means a million times more to NUFC than Owen.

Owen, all day.

In a nutshell.

Please tell me how losing Owen means Ameobi is up front? Like we wont replace Owen?

Owen staying would be a bigger boost than Shay.

As mentioned Harper would come in and do a decent job if Given departed.

The impact would be bigger off the pitch imo, it would show (true or not) an indication of the ambition of the club which would not only impact the players at the club but any prospective signings for the summer.

Owen is a much bigger pull for players and if he was to sign on again would be a huge boost the fans, players and anyone involved in the club. Whilst obviously Shay staying would be fantastic too the reaction would be far less monumental.

The stone cold reality is both players will be gone come next pre-season, where that leaves us we will have to find out. Whomever is in charge of the team and the club by that point will have the biggest challenge of any manager to walk through the doors in the past 10 years.

Owen has no pull for us, its a myth mate. He has been here 4 years and we have pulled fuck all from him being here, infact we have severely declined since he signed, not his fault i know, but why would that all of a sudden change anything? To the world of football now, Owen is a has-been mate. If he stays, he stays, if he goes, replace him, simple. He means nothing to the fans at the end of the day, people might bleat on about him, but he isnt fit to lace Given's boots in terms of meaning to this club and its fans. Given or Owen? Shay Given any day of the week.

Why did Owen celebrate today like he'd scored the winning goal in a cup final ? Because he is so happy he has just signed a £120,00 a week deal with Man City ? Ahhh you geordie cunts, this is what i want to do to you, smackkk, and this is what you are missing.

Someone please inform me

What the hell are you on about?

In the long term...

Shay Given on a good day is like having 2 keepers in goals.I personally think Given cares alot abt Newcastle which can rub off on other players where as Owen couldnt give two fucks

Between now and the end of the season...

Owen, all day.

Owen is here to the end of the season though

Aye, like Owen cant be replaced with another forward. I mean seriously Given and Owen? Lose Given and we have Harper in nets, but we still have Michael Owen who will be linked away with the club every single window until he does eventually leave, and threads like this will continually be created. Lose Owen however, and we replace him with another forward, and we still have the loyal Shay Given who is the only thing that resembles a legend at this club these days. He may also be the last one we will see for some time. Dont forget lads this isnt the first time a transfer request came in from Shay, this doesnt mean Given is off or that he is disloyal.

Totally disagree with this - the question was 'who id the most important to the team between now and the end of season'....are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell us that we can do without Owen more that Given??

In case you hadn't actually thought about it, and just acted on emotion, let me ask you this ;

Who is going to get the goals between now and the end of the season if Owen goes - Martins???

Don't think so, and in any case, he could be out for 5 weeks...

Viduka?? See above...

Carroll?? Do me a favour...

Jonas?? See above..

You shot down your own argument by saying that if Given leaves, we have Harper in the net - EXACTLY, and he isn't far behind Given(in fact, better in some ways)as a keeper..

Owen goes, and the odds on the club going down go down to evens or better.......

Totally disagree with this - the question was 'who id the most important to the team between now and the end of season'....are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell us that we can do without Owen more that Given??

In case you hadn't actually thought about it, and just acted on emotion, let me ask you this ;

Who is going to get the goals between now and the end of the season if Owen goes - Martins???

Don't think so, and in any case, he could be out for 5 weeks...

Viduka?? See above...

Carroll?? Do me a favour...

Jonas?? See above..

You shot down your own argument by saying that if Given leaves, we have Harper in the net - EXACTLY, and he isn't far behind Given(in fact, better in some ways)as a keeper..

Owen goes, and the odds on the club going down go down to evens or better.......

The fact is mate, this is a pointless argument when Owen has said he will be here to the end of the season. Why not start a thread and ask if you would rather live without your eyes or your ears? Pointless argument, when are you in that position where you have to choose? Are we in a position to chose between Owen and Given? No we arnt.

Someone please inform me

I'm on about Michael Owens goal celebration today, what was it all about ? A hint he may want to stay, or what

Someone please inform me

I'm on about Michael Owens goal celebration today, what was it all about ? A hint he may want to stay, or what

Probably just celebrating a goal mate, we are in trouble and he wants us to do well im sure of it, a goal puts us on the way to a win which puts us on the way to 3 valuable points. Right now Owen is NUFC, nothing else imo, at least on the pitch anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

Owen, all day.

In a nutshell.

Please tell me how losing Owen means Ameobi is up front? Like we wont replace Owen?

The main reason I consider Owen more important at the moment is that we know Harper is a capable deputy. Whoever replaces Owen we know nothing about at the moment, and is likely to be nowhere near as good because of how much our stock has fallen. Both are immensely important though, and it seems a bit daft making a competition out of it, but I bit and I think Owens the more important.

Guest Jawesome

Owen, but I'd prefer it if we kept Shay and let Owen fuck off.  Shay means more to this club than Owen can ever imagine to.