Fellaini

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Anyone see when Fellaini elbowed that Hull player twice in the face yesterday? If the ref had seen that he would have given him a straight red.

Guest toonlass

Anyone see when Fellaini elbowed that Hull player twice in the face yesterday? If the ref had seen that he would have given him a straight red.

Don't they use video evidence when a ref didn't see the incident or is that only in cases involving Joey Barton?

Think it depends on whether the ref includes it in his report.

The incident had 2 noteworth elements.

The Fallaini elbows were absolutely disgusting and if there is any justice, some kind of retrospective punishment will be dished out.

However, he lashed out in frustration because, Dawson was it, basically had his arms wrapped around his waist and was restricting him from any movement. How that is not a penalty I will never know.

Referee and Linesman managed to miss them both  :rolleyes:

Marouane Fellaini

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/mc2/files/screech.jpg

Screech from Saved by the Bell

http://cmp.roularta.be/cmdata/Images/site72/kanalen/sport/voetbal/belgisch/marouanefellaini300.jpg

I don't condone what he did yesterday in terms of the elbow, but I'm going to defend him by saying that's the first dirty thing I can remember him doing all season. Otherwise all of his yellow cards have been for accumulative fouls. Although Moyes' hand was forced by all our strikers being obliterated, I think he was particularly receptive to the idea of moving him further forward, to try and cut down on these yellow cards, but it seems he's managing to get as many as he was when he was in defensive mid.

I think he's doing well overall, and I'm pleased we have him, but he has the potential to be a real, real gem if he progresses the way he ought to. He's only 20 after all.

I don't condone what he did yesterday in terms of the elbow, but I'm going to defend him by saying that's the first dirty thing I can remember him doing all season. Otherwise all of his yellow cards have been for accumulative fouls. Although Moyes' hand was forced by all our strikers being obliterated, I think he was particularly receptive to the idea of moving him further forward, to try and cut down on these yellow cards, but it seems he's managing to get as many as he was when he was in defensive mid.

I think he's doing well overall, and I'm pleased we have him, but he has the potential to be a real, real gem if he progresses the way he ought to. He's only 20 after all.

I was suprised when Moyes paid so much for him, but he's looked a real bargain this season. Always seems a threat from set-pieces and looks to work hard for the team. Like you say, he's only 20 so he's got scope to improve...can't see him staying at Everton for the rest of his career though, unless he hits 'that' wall in the next year or so.

I was suprised when Moyes paid so much for him, but he's looked a real bargain this season. Always seems a threat from set-pieces and looks to work hard for the team. Like you say, he's only 20 so he's got scope to improve...can't see him staying at Everton for the rest of his career though, unless he hits 'that' wall in the next year or so.

I can't see it either mate, but I'd hope we get a decent few years out of him. I think we're about the right level for him at the moment, in and around top 6, we need European football next season, big club but not an absolute giant at the moment.

As you say, it's whether he fulfils the huge potential that he has. If he can work on his tackling and shooting, then I think the rest will come. He's a bit like Cahill in a way. He's a very smart player in that he takes up positions that forces the defender have to make a decision, thus, combined with his height, he gives them a tough day.

In terms of the price, well, he himself wasn't a panic buy as such, because apparently we've been tracking him a while. But the price stinks of panic price, due to how late it was. But, given his performances and he's settling into an entirely new (and vastly superior) league relatively well, that price may just be beginning to be paid off.

He's not a particularly dirty player.

The treatment he gets from referees is shocking, other teams are given a license to kick lumps out of him every week and he constantly has two  men wrestling... sorry, I mean "marking" him at set pieces. While on the other hand some of the stuff he's been carded for is ridiculous.

Is it any surprise he'd had enough yesterday and lashed out? It's been going on all season.

Agree with 1878. Theres many more dirtier and conniving players than him who get away with things. He seems a good honest lad who puts himself about. He deserves a few yellows yeah but he's been getting very much disproportionate treatment. The Stoke game near the start of the season was the worst. Because he outmuscled Stoke's players, it was automatically a foul each time.

Don't condone the elbowing, but as 1878 pointed out, it wasn't that surprising given the treatment he's received this season.