The most irritating person in football at the moment.

brummie

agreed. i f***ing hate the way he does his transfer dealings.

they wont go down, but i would f***ing love it if they did.

Tell you what there is nowt going right in the league atm for them lets hope he takes them down,cunt of a man who is a bigger gobshite then Kinnear .

Classic "Two points from eight games, can't always be the manager's fault can it".

:duff:

I saw this as well and had to read it twice. He's the World's number one at deflecting criticism from himself. I bet his players will be delighted. And the journos love him and fall for his every word.

Press are playing Harry’s game

Jan 11 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

LET’S get this straight: football journalists love Harry Redknapp.

No, let’s get it straighter still: football journalists south of Watford love Harry Redknapp.

And so the rest of us — Middlesbrough FC included — must suffer him.

You see, few managers talk a better game than ‘appy ‘Arry. Or talk more often.

His mobile number is never out of circulation. His mobile is rarely switched off, but often engaged. Engage him, and few subjects are off limits.

This Cockney sparra sings like a canary — and in a way which gives even hardened hacks a warm, fuzzy feeling inside . . .

By making them feel like they’re his mates.

Needless to say, that’s a sensation few sportswriters are used to in an age when they are routinely — some might say deservedly — given the cold shoulder.

So the next time you wonder why Tottenham’s manager gets such a fair hearing in the national Press, think on.

Thing is, in giving the papers what they want, I and more than a few other people reckon Redknapp gets a lot more in return.

A lot more, like Jermain Defoe and, possibly, Stewart Downing.

Middlesbrough don’t appreciate Spurs’ open pursuit of their player. Despite Harry’s protestations of innocence, I can’t say I blame them.

Last week, as Boro accused Spurs of unsettling Downing, Redknapp was at pains to stress that an increasingly rancorous saga had little to do with him.

“The way it works with transfers here is that I tell the chairman, Daniel Levy, we need to get players in and here’s the name of someone I want,” he said.

“I ask him to ask if the club are interested in selling and if he would make an enquiry and ring them to see if there’s a deal to be done.

“I don’t get involved any more in any shape or form . . .”

The only words missing were “honest, guv”.

Thing is, his chairman isn’t always the only person that hears about Harry’s transfer targets.

Who was it that told the papers on October 26 that “if he ever came back up for sale then I’m sure we would be interested”?

The who was Rednapp.The he was Portsmouth’s Jermain Defoe. October 26 was the day after Harry arrived at Spurs.

Downing? Why, before Spurs made a bid for him eight or nine days ago — almost a week before, in fact — Redknapp said: “I like Downing but I don’t know whether Middlesbrough want to sell him.”

By pure coincidence — how could it be anything else? — Defoe was linked with Tottenham throughout November and December before, er, joining them on Tuesday gone.

Oh, and Downing, pictured right handed in a transfer request at Boro last Monday.

“We can only make an offer and it is up to the clubs if they want to accept it or not,” pleaded Harry.

That’s fine, as long as you do only make an offer.

But Redknapp discusses in public what other managers seek to keep quiet, and the upshot in the case of Defoe and Downing was two unsettled players.

A not unprecedented upshot.

I wish Boro luck as they try to keep hold of Downing. They’ll need it.

And yet Harry goes on his merry way, buying favour with the media via the rentaquote business.

Speaking of which, let me take you back to the summer of 2005, and a comment directed at Gordon Strachan.

‘’I’m sick of it. It’s time for Celtic to come up with money for my players or keep out of my affairs. Is Gordon trying to unsettle my entire team?”

I kid you not, Redknapp said that . . . after Celtic had the temerity to approach Southampton (his then club) for a player at boardroom level.

All of which begs the question: just what is Harry’s game?

It’s a shame so few journalists see fit to ask it.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/17/SOCCER_Tottenham_Redknapp.html

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has defended his club's conduct during a January transfer window when they have been accused of unsettling players.

Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia accused Spurs of turning Kenwyne Jones' head, while Gareth Southgate has spoken out over the pursuit of Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing.

The latest episode has involved Wales striker Craig Bellamy telling West Ham he wants to move to White Hart Lane.

"We haven't tapped anyone up," Redknapp. "Why has their head been turned? All that's happened is that (chairman) Daniel Levy spoke to Niall Quinn and asked if they'd sell Kenwyne Jones."

Redknapp feels there are also rumours circulating about his own players, such as Jose Mourinho wanting Jermaine Jenas with him at Inter Milan.

"Am I getting upset because suddenly Mourinho says he wants Jenas?" Redknapp said.

"I don't want to sell Jenas. End of story.

"All that's happened with Kenwyne Jones is that the chairman has rung Niall Quinn and what's wrong with that?"

:rolleyes:

All he's missed off is "and now I'm making sure Kenwyne knows about it"

Thing is Redknapp is practically tapping up. Krancar may have never thought of leaving Pompey but he now knows that Spurs would be interested she he may get itchy feet. This is wrong, to be fair if Rafa and Fergie went around banding names they were interested in like this then blue murder would be called. Look at the whole Barry and Keane affair during the summer regarding Liverpool, what Redknapp is doing is kind of worse, he is clearly trying to unsettle players and in Downing's case it succeeded, then he gets the hump when Jose says he would like Jenas at the San Siro.

I am so glad this man is not Newcastle manager, then again our guy got a bit of a loose tongue hasn't he!!

Guest mackas86

steven gerrard, the scouse f***er is the biggest cheat in the premier league, and noticed how his brawl in the nightclub has been brushed under the carpet, i f***ing hate him

Guest JamesyJazz

Agree that it has to be the father and son Redknap pair.

I detest that whinging jamie c++t so much that I cancelled my Sky Sports subscribtion.