Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here you go, new thread lovers. :razz:

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/12/Prem-Newcastle-trial-Lovenkrands/gnid-34989/

Magpies confirm striker trial

Newcastle have confirmed they are handing a trial to Danish forward Peter Lovenkrands.

The former Rangers forward is on the lookout for a new club following his release from Schalke and he has pitched up on Tyneside.

Magpies chief Joe Kinnear is eager to bring in fresh blood and Lovenkrands will be given the chance to win a contract at St James’ Park.

“He's out of contract but he is coming in for us to have a look at,” said Kinnear’s assistant Chris Hughton.

"He is an experienced player with pace. So I think it gives us an opportunity to look at him.

"There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

Guest Darth Toon

"There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

Down from 5 or 6 to 2 or 3 already....

Does he still have this pace we are hearing about? I thought someone on here said he wasn't the same since he first signed for Rangers.

Anyway, no harm in taking someone on a free providing he isn't complete shit. Can't say I'm expecting much though.

Aye okay he is free but these deals should be second to players we are looking to buy, speaks volumes about our transfer plans.

Or about who's available?

The fact we are taking him on trial means we are not wanting to just sign anyone, as tempting as it is. Wouldn't mind seeing the lad on a six month contract. Hopefully there will be more faces through the door.

Out of interest is Loverkrands right or left footed?

We could do with another right footer who can play out wide.

TBH it's a nice cheap way of getting another quick guy who can play upfront too as whenever Martins is out we have no pacy options whatsoever upfront.

Aye okay he is free but these deals should be second to players we are looking to buy, speaks volumes about our transfer plans.

The fact we are taking him on trial means we are not wanting to just sign anyone, as tempting as it is. Wouldn't mind seeing the lad on a six month contract. Hopefully there will be more faces through the door.

Bring him in and let JK decide, the man that wants to build a teama round Shola :lol:

We will sign Løvenkrand and I am okay with that he is free fair enough but I just hope its not what we are looking for, I hope there is money to spend.

Very true.

People keep banging on about our squad being too small and yet when we get the chance to take an international on a free we get criticised for even giving him a trial.

Out of interest is Loverkrands right or left footed?

We could do with another right footer who can play out wide.

TBH it's a nice cheap way of getting another quick guy who can play upfront too as whenever Martins is out we have no pacy options whatsoever upfront.

Looks like a lefty, took free kicks and penalty's with his left?

Bring him in and let JK decide, the man that wants to build a teama round Shola :lol:

We will sign Løvenkrand and I am okay with that he is free fair enough but I just hope its not what we are looking for, I hope there is money to spend.

Think we're scraping at the bottom of the sanny bin tbh! We have maybe 5-6 mil to spend but at least one player will be going out for that amount.

Ashley needs a good fucking smack around the chops.

Managers talk shite mate, KK did it loads and so has Kinnear. If he really rated Ameobi he would have been in the starting line up when Oba and Owen were fit.

Does anyone have any idea what he's like? I'd never heard of him until a week ago.

you're kidding?

looked an excellent player in his final season for Rangers 3 years back, havent a clue what he's done in Germany

As expected, another club's cast-off ; Lovenkrands had a falling-out with Schalke - the Germans don't tolerate any messing about, but based on past history(Dyer, Bramble etc). he should fit in well at NUFC...