Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of interest is Loverkrands right or left footed?

We could do with another right footer who can play out wide.

TBH it's a nice cheap way of getting another quick guy who can play upfront too as whenever Martins is out we have no pacy options whatsoever upfront.

Looks like a lefty, took free kicks and penalty's with his left?

Really?!

That would mean three left wingers and one right footed one who is better on the left.

Hopefully he is really comfortable on the right side if he is left footed then.

From .com

Despite claims in Glasgow that he was due to train with his former club Rangers, Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is expected to arrive at SJP on trial this week.

The 28 year-old recently parted company with German side Schalke04 after quarreling with the management and is now a free agent.

Speaking to the press on Saturday evening, United coach Chris Hughton confirmed the trial was taking place:

"He's out of contract but he is coming in for us to have a look at. He is is an experienced player with pace. So I think it gives us an opportunity to look at him. There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

Lovenkrands almost joined United from AB Copenhagen in the summer of 2000, with a late U-turn by the player in favour of Rangers leaving Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson raging about unscrupulous agents.

However such are the dire state of the Ibrox finances that the Scottish side have invited offers for the whole of their first team squad - with any contract offer to Lovenkrands depending on player exits.

So far in this transfer window, no less than nine current Rangers players have been linked with moves to SJP.

Anyone seen the bit in bold confirmed elsewhere?

From .com

Despite claims in Glasgow that he was due to train with his former club Rangers, Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is expected to arrive at SJP on trial this week.

The 28 year-old recently parted company with German side Schalke04 after quarreling with the management and is now a free agent.

Speaking to the press on Saturday evening, United coach Chris Hughton confirmed the trial was taking place:

"He's out of contract but he is coming in for us to have a look at. He is is an experienced player with pace. So I think it gives us an opportunity to look at him. There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

Lovenkrands almost joined United from AB Copenhagen in the summer of 2000, with a late U-turn by the player in favour of Rangers leaving Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson raging about unscrupulous agents.

However such are the dire state of the Ibrox finances that the Scottish side have invited offers for the whole of their first team squad - with any contract offer to Lovenkrands depending on player exits.

So far in this transfer window, no less than nine current Rangers players have been linked with moves to SJP.

Anyone seen the bit in bold confirmed elsewhere?

Seems fairly common knowledge now mate. Seems to have been mentioned in alot of places, so i can't imagine it's not true.

Still gunning for us to sign Mendes.

Guest firetotheworks

Does anyone have any idea what he's like? I'd never heard of him until a week ago.

you're kidding?

looked an excellent player in his final season for Rangers 3 years back, havent a clue what he's done in Germany

Nah, I've probably heard his name at some point. I dont go anywhere near the SPL.

I'ts at least 5 years since Lovenkrans was decent for Rangers, back in the days of Dick Advocat. Since then he has been on a steady decline. Probably trying to assemble our championship side

rubbish, he looked very good for them in his last season, less than 3 years back

he is very left footed! can play on both wings but i think he is best on the left! can´t remember him deliver any crosses of good quality!

he can score goals though!

still think we should avoid signing him. really rated him years back but now he is 28 and he will never find the same form which he had for rangers for half a season or so....all his talent is about his pace!

he ain´t better than what we got!

Guest The Libertine

hard to complain too much. decent enough, experienced, under 30, versatile and free. he's another body in the squad too.

Joe Kinnear said that one transfer will trigger another.

I reckon if we sign Lovenkrands it will trigger the sale of N'Zogbia to either Villa or Spurs. That would give us funds to sign another player, and the ball starts rolling.

We already have 2 left wingers so why bother signing another unless it's to replace Duff or N'Zogbia?

Does he play on the right wing? I get the impression that he'll play on the right and cut inside, just like Jonas cuts in from the left. I remeber watching him a few years back and him tearing apart a teamwith his pace in the CL.

As a man for man replacement, is he better than Milner? If so, then its a winner.

hard to complain too much. decent enough, experienced, under 30, versatile and free. he's another body in the squad too.

:thup: a goalscoring midfielder, for nowt, perish the thought of that! lol

What makes you think he's guaranteed to score goals for us? Let's face it, this is a pretty desperate move, he couldn't get a deal at clubs who we are supposedly bigger and better than. He wasn't too bad at Rangers but that was a few years ago now and the Scottish league is pretty poor so I'm hesitant to think too much of players from there unless they're clearly something special (i.e. the likes of Larsson).

I'll give him a chance if he gets a deal, of course, but I'm not in the slightest bit excited or pleased about the possibility.

As a man for man replacement, is he better than Milner? If so, then its a winner.

I'd say they're equally inadequate, although I've never seen him play for Schalke.. I have no complaints on this transfer, as long as we keep N'Zogbia