Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

This is a Bernard re-signing type deal this and emphasises the kind of situation we are in and the kind of idiots running the club on and off the pitch. I think if he succeeds on trial, that will be N'Zogbia gone and I also think we can expect similar other type deals being done before the close of the window. I can only see some money spent if we can get big money for Shay and N'Zogbia although not all of the proceeds will go to Kinnear. We don't even need a left-winger as we have 2 with one more than capable of playing there and some would argue is actually better on the left. It has been what, 12 days and this is the best they can come up with? Dear me.

Guest Howaythetoon

This would have never happened under the old board.

I miss big money signings like Sibierski.

This kind of deal would have crashed this forum under the old board.

Oooh... Double entrende. I see what you did there.

True, that server was struggling.

:lol:

EDIT : Thats not a dig at you HTT. The reference to the old server just made me laugh

Yeah but under our current situation, this was what everyone was expecting.

Sib was on the last day of the window though. People will look at this and quite rightly think that there MUST be other (better) players coming too.

I'm not expecting us to get anyone in this window tbh. I'd be happy with this window if we keep all our players (bar Smith), and if we add to the squad then that's a bonus.

Can't see the harm in taking him for a week to see what he's all about. We're not obliged to sign him permanently and if Kinnear doesn't fancy him then we thank him for his time and send him back. After having spoken to Scottish Mag this Saturday I've got major doubts he'll set the world alight but it's worth a shot I suppose.  ???

Taking the guy on trial won't do us any harm and it shows that we're happy to take a closer look at players before we sign them.

However, I really do belive that Lovenkrands is more than past it. He's had a disastrous spell in Germany and Schalke were desperate to get rid of him.

His attitude wasnt the best and when things dont go his way he completely drifts out of games.  Not the player you would want in a relegation scrap...

Some of you lot need to put your tampons back in. We are taking a player on trial for a week to see how good he is, he used to be fucking quick which we could do with and if he does sign it will be on a free.

I am happy we look like we might actually bring someone in.

I know its quite different but I remember quite a few pissing and moaning in the summer about taking some french defender on loan from a relegated french club "sign of the times" etc...

He's keech.

Had a spell of decent form when he was at Rangers which I think coincided with him wanting a new contract then he went turd again as I recall.

Sign him till the end of the season then.

Even if he sits on the bench for 18 games and gets 20 minutes here and there its an option which we don't currently have.

Or we could stick Shola on the wing again

Personally I don't think he'll get a contract. All accounts have him being pretty s*** and past it.

As it all comes down to Kinnear now, I think he has to be really turbo s*** in training to not get a contract..

It'd be good if the scouts have done their homework and Lovenkrands has the right kind of personality and is determined enough to do well for us, because we don't need more disinterested players right now.. The players we bought in the summer (except Xisco and the other one) have so far shown great character and are already key players, despite the difficult circumstances..

So yeah, if Lovenkrands is mentally up to it and is at least remotely capable to run at people, he'd be an asset to the squad