Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All I remember about him is that he's really fast and had a brief spell of scoring bucketloads in the SPL when his contract was running out which got him his move abroad.

That'd do me. If he gets a 6-month contract and goes on one of those runs to try and earn a longer contract, then brilliant. Likelyhood is we'll still be in the Premiership.

I suppose what was meant was the 'risk' was low, not because there was no possibility that he won't do well, but because even if he does turn out to be rubbish we will have lost very little.

yeah, in a financial sense that's spot on. but we may well lose out because we brought in a player who isnt good enough rather than someone who is decent just because one happened to be a free agent in january. considering our perilous position i'd rather we take a gamble financially (especially since we've spent almost nothing for 3 windows) than a gamble on quality.

Gibberish. If you get a player in for free it still gives you the opportunity to spend any money you have. Unless time is such a scarce resource that making a free signing 'crowds out' the ability to make other signings which involve money, then essentially your talking through your poop-hole.

it may have passed you by that we dont exactly spend a great deal under Ashley. perhaps we're going after the most value-for-money signing, who neverthless represents a gamble in quality, over a more established, quality player who would be more of a risk financially. considering our perilous situation i'd rather we dont limit ourselves to mid-season free-agents but go after quality regardless of the cost. if we spend £10m on another attacker, then great, lovenkrands will be a cheap squad filler should kinnear decide to sign him. but considering our record under ashley it remains highly unlikely.

If they are gonna take him, I hope that they dont do owt daft like give him a 3 yr deal.  A deal until the end of the season might focus his enthusiasm.  This is the kind of bargain basement I expected. Hopefully the full backs will be next through the door.

All I remember about him is that he's really fast and had a brief spell of scoring bucketloads in the SPL when his contract was running out which got him his move abroad.

That'd do me. If he gets a 6-month contract and goes on one of those runs to try and earn a longer contract, then brilliant. Likelyhood is we'll still be in the Premiership.

Yep, no harm in that.

Wouldn't have been averse to taking a gamble on him ourselves- he's happy with a short term deal and has pace which we are lacking.

Guest toonlass

If I was going off his time at Rangers I say he will be given a contract as he was way better than Stroller and he has just been given a 3 year deal. What he is like now, I have no idea cos I never follow the German league. I don't think he will set the premiership alight (please prove me wrong Peter) but he would be an ok squad player.

Poor mans Robert i think...But I don't think he would be a bad signing...I have a mate from work who is a Rangers fan and he said he was great at Rangers but is 50/50 as to whether or not he will cut it in the premier league now.

We must have the most pessimistic fans ever though...I know things are bad at the moment but FFS, considering the position we are in at the moment (owner not interested in club, shite manager whoe hopefully won't be here for very long etc.), i believe this would be a decent signing as there is nothing to lose.

If I was going off his time at Rangers I say he will be given a contract as he was way better than Stroller and he has just been given a 3 year deal. What he is like now, I have no idea cos I never follow the German league. I don't think he will set the premiership alight (please prove me wrong Peter) but he would be an ok squad player.

I think some people deliberately miss the point with Shola. He does offer something from the bench which our squad lacked which is a big physical target man who can knock defenders about. True, Carroll is also showing signs that he can provide that but we've only seen him in a couple of matches so far.

Lovenkrands is obviously a far better player but we already have fast left wingers who can't get in the team so it's not like we are addressing the problem areas, i.e., the other three positions in midfield by Lovenkrands arriving. Still, I suppose it means we can sell Zog, and that's probably the way the top brass are looking at it, and it's good business on a free.

This would have never happened under the old board.

I miss big money signings like Sibierski.

This kind of deal would have crashed this forum under the old board.

A load of bollocks. You cannot tell me this deal is worse than re-signing Bernard, or bringing in Le Sib!!

I'll just blame it on your short term memory/new agenda

Guest toonlass

I think some people deliberately miss the point with Shola. He does offer something from the bench which our squad lacked which is a big physical target man who can knock defenders about. True, Carroll is also showing signs that he can provide that but we've only seen him in a couple of matches so far.

Lovenkrands is obviously a far better player but we already have fast left wingers who can't get in the team so it's not like we are addressing the problem areas, i.e., the other three positions in midfield by Lovenkrands arriving. Still, I suppose it means we can sell Zog, and that's probably the way the top brass are looking at it, and it's good business on a free.

Lovenkrands is a CF not a left winger though. He can play on the wings but prefers up front.

Guest Brazilianbob

Seems to me that Lovenkrands is being brought in as a left winger so JK can drop Zog back to left back on a permanent basis, and he can play Gutierrez and Duff with the added option of being able to bring on another left winger to freshen things up without having to reorganise the defense, ie taking off a left back and dropping Zog back from the left wing etc.

Seems to me that Lovenkrands is being brought in as a left winger so JK can drop Zog back to left back on a permanent basis, and he can play Gutierrez and Duff with the added option of being able to bring on another left winger to freshen things up without having to reorganise the defense, ie taking off a left back and dropping Zog back from the left wing etc.

Nah ... don't think so.

løvenkrands is a left winger! ! ! can play on both wings but hes best on the left! when he have played for schalke and Denmark he always plays left wing!

I still dont like us to sign him....but our squad is small and he can only surprise....because he has been shit for years! He havent even been linked with any danish clubs at all, which is quiet odd!

If we are looking for a cheap right wing as back up we could sign rommedahl....he is better than løvenkrands and not wanted by ajax! He can score goals and have pace!

...but still cant believe we are trying to sign løvenkrands eventhough he is coming here for free! If the signing of løvenkrands happens it will just show what a mess this club is in :weep:

Jesus this is depressing, fair enough give Lovkenkrands a chance to impress but fucking hell if Kinnear/Ashley any cunt thinks this is a good enough signing to keep us up or even take us up a level they are seriously deluded. I'm getting sick of this now, when's Ashley going to spend the 20M he promised? Fuck off.

Jesus this is depressing, fair enough give Lovkenkrands a chance to impress but f***ing hell if Kinnear/Ashley any c*** thinks this is a good enough signing to keep us up or even take us up a level they are seriously deluded. I'm getting sick of this now, when's Ashley going to spend the 20M he promised? f*** off.

He said he was going to spend it before we pissed him off so he can't go to games anymore.  Plus he's lost over a billion since he took us over so I'd imagine he's being quite careful with his money.

Joe On Lovenkrands Latest

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear says that Newcastle United trialist Peter Lovenkrands has done well during his first two days training with the Magpie squad.

The 28-year-old forward - a free agent after buying himself out of his contract with German side Schalke - will spend this week on Tyneside in a bid to win a permanent deal.

And Kinnear has been impressed with how the Danish international.

"He's done well," said the Toon chief.

Article continues>>

"We've got an opportunity to bring him on a free transfer and I will make a decision this week.

"He's got a terrific track record of scoring goals and has got massive experience.

"The deal would be until the end of the season to help us out in this injury crisis.

"I did my homework and have kept in contact with his agent.

"When I got the news he had bought himself out of his contract I got in straight away.

"His wife has gone back to Scotland to have their second child so it might work out well for all of us."

Guest The Libertine

"The deal would be until the end of the season to help us out in this injury crisis."

:thup:

brillig. there's very few negatives with this deal.

Guest icemanblue

True Lib, hopefully JK gets credit for that.

:lol:

Credit for what, exactly? Do you seriously think he's the one doing the deals here?!