The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

Details

Meet 3.45pm in the car park at Coach Lane (pinned "B" on the map, postcode is NE7 7XA), to do introductions and pay £5 each to The Gambling Gorilla (Neil):

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4160/mapsxx.jpg

We'll try and have about 15 minutes for a warm-up and aim to get kicked off by 4.15pm. Usual 45 minutes each way with the half-time length being determined by how exhausted everyone is. There are plans afoot for a few beers after the game, too, and I'm sure this will be sorted out when we're all there together.

If you're playing for the first time then please bring both a blue and a red top in case some people need to switch in order to balance the teams, but if you can only manage one or the other then don't worry as hopefully some of the other lads can bring a spare shirt of either colour with them for you to borrow if necessary.

Also, anyone who has some good footballs that we could use for the match then get them along too! I think we were pretty well set last time, but the more the better really. It's very quiet around there so shouldn't be any worries about losing them/having them pinched.

Drinks - really basic and I know you're not kids, but people will still forget. Try and bring at least 500ml of fluids (preferrably still Lucozade/Powerade, or just water/juice failing that) with you if you're worried about your fitness to stay hydrated. Also, Jaffa Cakes are more than welcome for those needing a quick sugar hit at any stage (:lol:). Skittles as well...

Shin-pads probably aren't a must-have but sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry. The last game was squeaky clean, but you never know...

Finally, bladed boots, moulded boots and trainers are all fine for playing on the 3G surface but I'd recommend that you only slide-tackle if you love carpet burns - or if you're a Blue Team defender making a last-ditch stop on Red Team scum. Obviously.

Preliminary Teams

GK: NSG

RB: neesy111

LB: geordiecunny

CB: Rich

CB: Ash

RM: t'Dave

LM: biggs

CM: Disco_Des

CM: Stupeedo

FW: Wullie

FW: CP40

SUB: KenDahlTomasson

GK: The Gambling Gorilla

Def: Northerngimp, Optimistic Nut, Stephen927, dinotheprehistoricgeordie

Mid: Lien, Nixon, chops26, NewcastleRocker

Fwd: dan b Pilko

SUB: stuartbrown06

Couldn't say no, really enjoyed it.

Count me in  :)

Btw greg if you want a hand in sorting it, I'll help out if you want.

Also if it is that date, it'd have to be very late for it not to be in daylight. Is the 23rd the day before the last set of games this season?

I'll help sort it out again if you like, Greg.

I reckon the 3G would be fine unless anyone else has any problems.

I have no problem with that date as far as I can see, but closer to the time I'll confirm.

Yeah, put me down please. :)

I may actually be able to make this since I'm aiming to go to Villa away. Won't be able to confirm till my exam schedule is made final in a couple of months though.

Will also probably be too devastated to come if we're already relegated by then.

Guest marky555

I'd like to play again but driving up and down on the same day just for this is kinda off-putting. No chance of having it the week before, Sunday after the Fulham game?

JUST FOR THIS?! Tell ye what like Dave, some people are travelling from DURHAM for this man!! :laugh:

Seriously though, you say we take it too serious, I reckon you need to wake up and start taking it 'too serious' like the rest of us man, its war now!  :pow:

Guest Geordiesned

I'll tentatively put my name down for this - got a mate's wedding around that time but think it's the weekend before. Prefer to play up front, right or centre mid.

I'm in for definite this time :thup: Wish I'd played in yesterday's now. I'll play anywhere but CB!

Jonny, you're making the dangerous assumption that people will have actual positions. Take away 15-20 minutes and it was positional carnage last night*  :lol:

*avaliable for a classic "that's what she said" moment.

I'd like to play again but driving up and down on the same day just for this is kinda off-putting. No chance of having it the week before, Sunday after the Fulham game?

JUST FOR THIS?! Tell ye what like Dave, some people are travelling from DURHAM for this man!! :laugh:

Seriously though, you say we take it too serious, I reckon you need to wake up and start taking it 'too serious' like the rest of us man, its war now!  :pow:

:lol:

Might be better to do it when we have a home game as people like yourself and others can come up for both as you've said but with it being the last home game of the season I would have thought a lot of people will be going on very heavy drinking sessions after the Fulham game.

Come on Dave, I thought you were bigger than that.

:shifty:

Come on Dave, I thought you were bigger than that.

:shifty:

Meow!

Suggest the weekend of the last home game, for reason's in the post-match thread. Also, if we do actually get organised enough to go for a sociable post-match pint, we can discuss the previous day's game without the knee-jerk comments that FOREIGN fans contribute to the match thread on here O0

If it's in May then grass or 3g is fine with me, the only downside with grass is that if the weather is good, we're liable to have a hard but uneven pitch, whereas the 3g does actually let you play some good football on it...